Data Governance ManagerReston, VA or Remote
What we’re looking for…
We are looking for a Data Governance Manager to join the Application Development and Business Intelligence team. This role will be responsible for leading an organization-wide data governance program, improving the quality and managing the protection of sensitive data and information assets. The position will focus on establishing and ensuring adherence to an enterprise data governance framework for data policies, standards, and practices, to achieve the required level of consistency, quality, and protection to meet overall business needs. This role serves as a point of escalation for governance, data quality and protection issues and will work closely with business and functional area stakeholders to improve the quality and value of core data assets and respond to regulatory protection requirements.
What you'll be doing...
- Define and implement the data governance organization for enterprise-wide analytics
- Identify data policy gaps and create policies to support data governance
- Develop a Data Management communications plan to help establish a cultural change in how data is perceived and managed at the company
- Manage data governance tools to efficiently implement and sustain enterprise data governance
- Curate metadata assets and build the business glossary based on critical enterprise data domains
- Continually assess and identify risks, ensuring they are mitigated and accounted for work within the data governance program
- Support and supervise information stewardship activities and management of data quality, retention and uses
- Develop & maintain inventory of the enterprise information maps, including authoritative systems, owners
- Establish and deliver end user training
- Develop and enforce data quality metrics
Qualities you possess...
- BA in information management or data governance qualification or at least three years of experience working within an information or data governance setting
- Strong ability to extract information by questioning, active listening and interviewing
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent writing skills, with the ability to create clear requirements, specifications and documentation
Nice to have...
- Experience of requirements gathering for a data governance and similar data systems
- Knowledge of one or more Data Governance or Data Quality tools (e.g. Informatica, Erwin, Collibra, EDQ etc)
- Experience supporting compliance operations related to CAN-SPAM, CASL, GDPR, CCPA and other regulatory requirements
- Demonstrated experience working with consumer-oriented database, reporting and analytical environments
- Basic understanding of databases and SQL
ScienceLogic is a leader in IT Operations Management, providing modern IT operations with actionable insights to resolve and predict problems faster in a digital, ephemeral world. Its solution sees everything across cloud and distributed architectures, contextualizes data through relationship mapping, and acts on this insight through integration and automation.