What we’re looking for...
We are looking for an experienced Services Solutions Manager (SSM) to drive professional services sales and support our direct sales teams. The SSM will play a critical role within our global services organization to help deliver the company’s revenue plan using a consultative pre-sales approach. In this role, you will build relationships with direct sales teams, provide subject matter expertise in professional services, scope engagements, and write proposals and Statements of Work (SOWs) to increase services bookings. You will use your experience in AIOps, ITOM, ITSM and Digital Performance Management to work collaboratively and cross-functionally to create both software-attached and non-attached services solutions that ScienceLogic’s Services organization can deliver to fulfill customer requirements. Do you have high energy and a strong background in technology and professional services? Do you have deep experience in consultative selling techniques? Then read on.
Who we are…
ScienceLogic is a leader in AIOps, providing modern IT operations with actionable insights to predict and resolve problems faster in a digital, ephemeral world. ScienceLogic’s global services team is passionately focused on selling and delivering services solutions that drive customer outcomes with our software. We are responsible for increasing services revenue and booking new business in 3 geographic regions: the Americas; Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA); and Asia Pacific.
What you’ll be doing…
- You will be responsible and accountable for meeting and exceeding the services bookings plan.
- You will build relationships with direct sales teams, offer subject matter expertise in professional services, scope engagements, and write proposals and Statements of Work (SOWs) to increase services bookings.
- You will use your deep product and professional services knowledge to create services solutions that help customers achieve successful business outcomes from their investment in ScienceLogic software.
- You will work collaboratively and cross-functionally to create both software-attached and non-attached services solutions that ScienceLogic’s services organization can deliver profitably to fulfill customer requirements.
- You will proactively provide consultative advice and guidance to Sales and customers on how best to use services to realize value from ScienceLogic software over the Land, Adopt, Expand and Renew Lifecycle.
- You will work collaboratively with the Sales and Professional Services teams to scope, price, propose, negotiate and close professional services engagements.
- Participate in consultative pre-sales workshops and discovery meetings to understand customer business challenges, desired business outcomes, and technical requirements.
- Identify opportunities to create repeatable professional services offerings and participate in the service development process.
- Coordinate, collaborate and communicate with all company stakeholders, including Sales, Services Sales, Systems Engineering, Professional Services Delivery, and executives as required to meet company and customer commitments.
- Recommend process improvements and champion change management when required.
Up to 30% travel may be required after COVID restrictions are lifted.
Qualities you possess…
- A bachelor’s degree or higher in a technical discipline (computer science/engineering) or equivalent work experience.
- Direct experience as a Services Solutions Manager for an OEM/Technology Provider or equivalent experience in a technical sales role that required deep product knowledge.
- 5+ years in any combination of services sales, pre-sales system engineering, PS delivery/engagement consulting, and services solutions development.
- Experience working for OEM technology provider that sold software and attached professional services.
- Understanding the role of technology services in enabling customers to realize business value from a technology investment over the customer lifecycle (Land, Adopt, Expand and Renew).
- Consultative solution sales experience with Enterprise Customers, Federal Government Agencies, Service Providers and System Integrators.
- Ability to scope professional services engagements and create SOWs and proposals.
- Ability to proactively sell professional services, negotiate contracts and close deals.
- Ability to build relationships with the Field Sales organization to drive sales opportunity development.
- Understanding of technical and commercial issues (ACV, TCV, pricing, revenue recognition, etc.) related to selling subscription-based software (SaaS or on-premises) with attached professional services.
- Understanding of the contractual issues related to PS contracts types, such as T&M and Fixed Price.
- Understanding of AIOps, ITOM, ITSM, networks, applications, cloud, SaaS and service-based solutions.
- Excellent written, verbal, negotiation and collaboration skills.
- Proactive, self-motivated and able to work independently and with a team on multiple, simultaneous opportunities.
- Ability to prioritize competing deadlines.
- ITIL knowledge preferred.
ScienceLogic is a leader in IT Operations Management, providing modern IT operations with actionable insights to predict and resolve problems faster in a digital, ephemeral world. Its IT infrastructure monitoring and AIOps solution sees everything across cloud and distributed architectures, contextualizes data through relationship mapping, and acts on this insight through integration and automation.Apply Now