What is Microsoft Monitoring?
Microsoft monitoring monitors the health, performance, and configuration of Microsoft Azure, Hyper-V, and Windows Servers—from operating systems to applications (Office 365, Exchange, SharePoint, etc.) to services (Active Directory, IIS, DNS, DHCP, etc.) and more.
Benefits of Microsoft Monitoring
As Microsoft technologies tend to lead in business, non-profit, and other enterprise IT landscapes, it makes sense that it is at the top of its game when it comes to the development and implementation of software monitoring tools. This performance monitoring from Microsoft exists for multiple operating systems, as well as software as a service (Saas), platform as a service (PaaS), infrastructure as a service (IaaS), and other areas of online services that can include cloud, hosted or on-premises.
The benefits of using Microsoft monitoring include, but are not limited to:
- Establishing total infrastructure landscape monitoring visibility in one convenient tool
- Discovering system glitches before they become a problem
- Conducting deep dives into all internal and external performance metrics
- Examine Windows network load balancing, FTP service, remote desktop services, and more
- Spot unusual CPU utilization, inadequate memory—both virtual and physical, and track disk capacity
- Enable problematic procedures to be disabled remotely
- Easily reboot servers, when and if required
- Routinely discover and map application dependencies in the cloud
- Increase human peace of mind by keeping a record of failed login attempts with incorrect credentials
- Curate a comprehensive IT library with all necessary hardware and software
The SL1 Platform Microsoft Monitoring Solution
Microsoft technology dominates the core IT infrastructure of almost every enterprise. That’s why we focus so much on robust monitoring agents for Microsoft—whether in the cloud, virtualization, operating systems, or critical enterprise applications.
- Get unprecedented, role-specific visibility into your Microsoft technologies—on-premises, hosted, and in the cloud
- Maximize investments in Microsoft with pre-configured monitoring policies for Microsoft technologies; add new technologies with ease
- Detect and repair service outages and degradations faster with automatic relationship mapping across your Microsoft infrastructure and applications
- Proactively identify and resolve potential threats to your Azure, Hyper-V, and Windows environments and applications
- Lower support costs with a single monitoring platform that deploys and upgrades fast, with low overhead
- Boost efficiency with built-in automation
« Back to Glossary Index