Converged technologies combine compute, storage, and network into a single, optimized package. The configuration and administration of these resources is automated. Some offerings integrate technology from multiple vendors while other offerings provide network, compute, and storage from a single vendor.
Converged technologies are aimed at accelerating the transition to the Cloud and fully virtualized environments with pre-packaged infrastructure. ScienceLogic helps you accelerate your transition:
- Achieve operational visibility on day one
- Optimize your converged infrastructure and troubleshoot problems with ease
- Improve overall time-to-value by seamlessly integrating these technologies into your larger data center operations framework, along with traditional and cloud resources
- Simplify and reduce the costs of your IT management toolset
Monitor All of Your Converged Infrastructure Right Out-Of-The-Box
Dell EMC manufactures converged infrastructure solutions. VMware, Cisco, and EMC initially partnered to create Vblock, a pre-packaged, converged data center solution. Components include VMware vSphere and NSX, Cisco UCS servers and Nexus switches, and EMC Symmetrix storage systems in pre-packaged solutions.
Cisco HyperFlex combines software-defined storage and data services software with Cisco UCS
Nutanix software-driven Xtreme Computing Platform natively converges compute, virtualization, and storage into a single solution.
Keep Your Converged Environments Healthy
Get a clear view of your Vblock, FlexPod, HyperFlex, and Nutanix environments.
- Always have an updated view of your converged infrastructure by automatically discovering, mapping, and monitoring all pre-integrated elements
- Ensure the health and availability of the system as a whole
- Assess availability, performance, configuration, SLA metrics, health, risk, capacity usage, anomalies, and trends/forecasts for your converged component systems to ensure they are operating at peak performance
- Simplify management, troubleshoot issues, and manage everything in your data center—and the cloud
- Alert based on industry standards and vendor-recommended best practices
Discover & Map All of Your Converged Infrastructure
Automatically discover and keep track of changes in your converged environments.
- Automatically discover all of your FlexPod, Vblock, HyperFlex, and Nutanix environments
- Let ScienceLogic automatically keep you up-to-date as you add/remove storage or VMs, create new policies, etc.
- See relationships between network, storage, compute, and hypervisor components to understand impact and troubleshoot issues quickly
- Use tags to automatically organize assets by function, group, app or any other business logic (i.e. production, QA, Dev) for more precise management oversight
Provide Role-Specific Visibility into Your Converged Architectures
Use a single platform to monitor everything, everywhere. See everything you need to see in order to make sure your on-premises and associated cloud-based resources are working.
- Get role-specific visibility into all of your converged environments with built-in, best practice-based dashboards
- Segment visibility by user, business unit, geography, technology, and many other profiles
Get Universal Infrastructure Visibility
- Automatically monitor your entire IT infrastructure—whether on-premises or in the cloud—from a single console
- Ensure a consistent approach when managing multiple vendors and technologies
- Be prepared to support the needs of every business unit—whether on-premises or in AWS, Azure, or any other cloud
Troubleshoot & Resolve Issues Quickly
View every aspect of every converged environment in a single interface. Diagnose and resolve emerging issues before they impact users.
- Proactively detect and be alerted on configuration changes, failures, anomalies, and performance issues
- Easily navigate network, storage, and compute relationships for on- and off-premises services to speed problem resolution and ensure optimal performance
- Drill into specific areas of concern, including log files—without needing a separate product and without composing complex queries
- Monitor everything and intelligently capture deep diagnostics to speed diagnosis and resolution
- Avoid finger-pointing and reduce MTTR for critical business services with unified troubleshooting; understand if issues are your problem or caused by a third party
- Utilize runbook automation for immediate response to performance or availability degradation as well as configuration changes
Integrate with Your IT Management Ecosystem
Easily integrate with other IT management solutions for full visibility and optimization of your IT services.
- Use ScienceLogic’s integrated ticketing and asset management or integrate with popular third-party systems like ServiceNow
- Use ScienceLogic’s RESTful APIs to share data with third-party CMDB, analytics, and reporting tools, etc.
- Use our simple GUI editor to easily configure events and incidents to launch in-context to popular third-party products such as service desk, CMDB, APM/NPM, and more