Modern Technology Demands Deep Discovery
Get insights across all your IT today, maintain full visibility when new technologies are introduced in the future, and spend less time administering your IT environment.
- Monitor thousands of resources in minutes by automatically applying best practice monitoring policies appropriate to each element
- Accelerate adoption of new technologies with pre-configured monitoring policies that help you get started right away and easily extend to support your unique needs
- Significantly simplify administration by configuring once, then automatically applying consistent policies and behavior for specific or broad groups of technology elements, and organizations
Pre-Configured, Best Practice Monitoring Policies
Monitoring policies define what data to collect, how to synthesize and evaluate any combination of data to generate smart events, what actions to trigger when those events occur, and how to present the data and events within role-specific dashboards and reports.
Automatically collect and track configuration, asset (licensing, serial numbers, etc.), status, and performance metrics for elements and services.
- Collect any data from any element or service using a variety of data collection techniques
- Use a combination of synchronous and asynchronous collection methods
- Automatically select the best methods and metrics to collect common KPIs like CPU, memory, network latency, and storage capacity using any supported protocol or collection method
- Automatically derive metrics from collected data to ensure consistent meaning across vendors and products
- Easily tune out-of-the-box collection policies to meet specific needs
Eliminate event noise that plagues event managers/operators by generating essential KPIs and smart events for automated actions.
- Assess availability, health, risk, and other KPIs for elements and services
- Tune or create new assessment policies for availability, health, risk or a single KPI and apply them to every affected element
- Automatically set dynamic thresholds and assessment policies based on defined condition
- Give new elements assessment policies automatically to ensure consistency
- Tune or define when events are triggered from any combination of availability, health, risk or any other metric meeting some criteria
- Suppress events based upon point-and-click rules
- Tune event severity based upon business importance
Automate remediation steps tuned to your specific needs.
- Use a point and click UI to easily configure automated actions, such as create a ticket, restart services, notify someone, or escalate to a higher tier after some period of time
- Extend to automate more complex actions or remediation workflows
- Configure built-in event and ticket escalation procedures to ensure issues are addressed quickly and comply with SLAs
Present the right information to the right users with minimal administrative effort.
- Automatically present the right information to the right users based on each user’s role and assigned permissions
- Build a dashboard one time and present the information to users based on each users’ defined role and inherited permissions
- Make summary drill-downs specific to each technology and user role
- Show different IT services delivered to each line of business (LOB) at a high level and allow technical teams within each LOB to drill into the details
- Tune pre-configured policies for Microsoft Exchange to adjust the message count and storage thresholds, and apply the updated policies to all exchange servers for consistent behavior
- Tune pre-configured AWS instance policies to adjust the utilization and alarm thresholds for any instances tagged for development or QA, and apply the standard AWS policies to any instances tagged for production. When new instances spin up, the appropriate policies are assigned automatically.