Network Monitoring SolutionsView the performance of your physical and software-defined network infrastructure.
What is network monitoring?
Network monitoring helps to ensure visibility across your entire network. It is a critical IT process where all networking components such as network access, VMs, routers, servers, and switches, as well as key performance indicators like CPU utilization and network bandwidth, are monitored for bottlenecks and performance. It is important that these components are evaluated in real time in order maintain and optimize availability.
How can network monitoring tools help an organization like yours?
The network is critical to the backbone of IT. And ITOps teams are under enormous pressure to have their networks flow as seamlessly as electricity. Networking monitoring tools can help you move from reactive to preemptive network management by helping you automate discovery, mapping, and managing your network, and managing a business network. And it can create network maps, critical alerts, and reports so that you can reduce MTTR and provide a better experience to your end user. In other words, network monitoring tools help you be proactive—reducing downtime and responding quickly to issues—before they impact your end user.
Benefits of Network Monitoring
- Availability Management: To stay abreast of your network and mitigate potential outages, you would benefit from a high-end network root-cause analysis that can silence all the network alarm noise, pinpoint the areas to focus and tie the business services to the underlying infrastructure to understand the affected business.
- SDN/Cloud Management: Software-Defined Network (SDN) and private, public, and hybrid cloud networks are here and are distributing network operations teams. Companies across all verticals are at various stages of researching, evaluating, implementing the new network technologies. SDN provides the automation necessary for speed, scale, and self-service for your on-premises and cloud networks.
Network Performance Monitoring: Performance monitoring is critical for organizations wanting to move from reactive to preemptive network management. A “normal” baseline is needed to understand when resources are over- or underutilized, and setting thresholds lower on the baseline identifies potential problems–before they affect your network.
- Unified Communications: Proactive VoIP and video monitoring of latency, jitter, and packet loss is key to preemptive network management as it is the first indicator of network delays.
Features of Network Monitoring
- Access detailed network visibility, combined with application, system, and OS usage monitoring.
- View dependencies between technology components of key business services.
- Use visual dashboards providing insight to operations teams, customers, and stakeholders.
- Enrich fault prevention and capacity planning with highly granular events and alerts, integrated with our ticketing module or external ticketing systems such as ServiceNow®.
- Get real-time reporting on device-level and service-level performance and availability.
- Use rapid, automated network discovery for complete asset inventory.
The ScienceLogic SL1 Platform
SL1 provides you with actionable insights across your entire network infrastructure—WAN, LAN, SDN, routers, switches, firewalls, and more. With SL1, you can adopt the latest technologies without sacrificing management visibility. It’s easy—with SL1 -our unified IT operations platform, you can monitor availability, performance, configuration, utilization, and capacity for any network technology and any vendor.
Sample of Supported Network Device Vendors
5 Things to Know About Network Monitoring in a Multi-Cloud World
We understand that migrating to the cloud has its difficulties. Especially around network monitoring. And since cloud computing environments are dynamic, your tools need to be dynamic as well. This eBook explores how progressive organizations use automation and a multi-cloud, hybrid IT solution for monitoring and managing all aspects of their IT operations.
The ScienceLogic SL1 Platform
Get full visibility and automated operations across cloud and distributed architectures.