What is infrastructure management?
Infrastructure management is the management of essential IT operation components for overall effectiveness. These components include: data, processes, equipment, policies, human resources, and external contacts.
Benefits of Infrastructure Management
- Reduce duplication of effort.
- Manage large-scale infrastructure more proactively, efficiently, and cost effectively.
- Ensure adherence to standards.
- Get the root cause of infrastructure outages for fast restoration of services.
- Proactively identify and fix infrastructure performance problems before they have a serious impact on services.
- Enhance the flow of information throughout an information system.
- Be informed as to where to allocate and prioritize resources to assure high quality of service.
- Promote adaptability necessary for a changeable environment.
- Lower the cost of large-scale monitoring by easily onboarding new infrastructure technologies, new locations, and new customers.