- Main Menu
- Platform Overview
- Automated Root Cause Analysis
- Hybrid Cloud Monitoring
- Multi-Cloud Monitoring
- Network Monitoring
- Network Configuration Management and Change Management
- Trust Center
- Technology Partners
- Why ScienceLogic
- AIOps Value CalculatorCalculate Your Value
Build your AIOps use case in 3 easy steps.
- Main Menu
- By Industry
- By Solution
- By Use Case
What is infrastructure management?
Infrastructure management is the management of essential IT operation components for overall effectiveness. These components include data, processes, equipment, policies, human resources, and external contacts.
What is IT infrastructure?
IT infrastructure is the collective grouping of interconnected technologies that include servers, routers, and networks in addition to software and data centers.
Benefits of Infrastructure Management
- Reduce duplication of effort.
- Manage large-scale infrastructure more proactively, efficiently, and cost-effectively.
- Ensure adherence to standards.
- Get the root cause of infrastructure outages for fast restoration of services.
- Proactively identify and fix infrastructure performance problems before they have a serious impact on services.
- Enhance the flow of information throughout an information system.
- Be informed as to where to allocate and prioritize resources to assure high quality of service.
- Promote adaptability necessary for a changeable environment.
- Lower the cost of large-scale monitoring by easily onboarding new infrastructure technologies, new locations, and new customers.
What are the components of IT infrastructure?
There are three primary components to IT infrastructure: hardware, software, and networking.
- Hardware: Servers, datacenters, personal computers, routers, switches, and other equipment are considered hardware.
- Software: Software consists of the applications used by the business which includes web servers, content management systems, and the operating system.
- Networking: Components of a network enable the operations, management, and communication between internal and external systems.
Key Features of Infrastructure Management Solutions
Infrastructure management solutions assist an organization with automating and streamlining processes, which results in higher efficiency and reduced costs. Here are some common features of the IT management solutions:
- Resource forecasting and capacity management;
- Trend analysis and dashboarding using hybrid cloud monitoring;
- Heterogeneous environment support;
- Network monitoring capabilities; and
- The ability to monitor and troubleshoot hardware and virtual machines.
« Back to Glossary Index