What is Docker monitoring?
Docker monitoring monitors the performance of microservice containers in Docker environments. Docker containers isolate software from its surroundings – creating a lightweight, stand-alone, executable packaged piece of software that includes everything needed to run it. Docker provides a streamlined and transparent solution for all your container needs.
How can Docker monitoring help an organization like yours?
Docker monitoring enables businesses to accelerate and optimize the performance of microservices running in dynamic Docker environments.
Combining hassle-free configuration, automatic container discovery, and massively scalable metric collection and analytics, Docker monitoring helps organizations exploit the power and performance of Docker without incurring additional risk. Docker monitoring also enables your business to easily streamline your process and package software into standardized units for development, shipment, and deployment—helping you conduct digital business at scale while providing great user experiences.
Benefits of Docker Monitoring
Eliminate conflicts, enhance security, and ensure team collaboration to get bugs quickly fixed.
For IT Pros
Expect apps to deliver on time by flexibly integrating with existing processes and enterprise systems for all their needs.
The ScienceLogic SL1 Platform for Docker Monitoring
When Docker Swarm is utilized in your IT ecosystem, SL1 provides additional components to include Swarm, Stack, and Service, as well as the relationships to the Hosts that make up Swarm and their containers.
- At the Swarm Level: You’ll be able to easily access configuration information about Nodes in Swarm.
- At the Stack Level: Collect aggregated metrics on the number of containers in an application and monitor the average uptime of the containers that make up the application.
- At the Service Level: You’ll receive totaled metrics for CPU, memory, and network performance, identifying how much resources a particular service is consuming.
SL1 Docker Monitoring Capabilities
SL1 helps you know the health of your Docker containers:
- Knowledge that all the components of your containers are running smoothly in one concise dashboard.
- Automate alerts for the right teams if there is an error within your container.
- Monitor the health and performance of each application’s full-stack.
- Drill into specific areas of concern.
- Monitor short-lived resources and collect logs to maintain a healthy IT environment.
Read how ScienceLogic helped transform Cisco’s Multi-Cloud Operations
Sample of Monitoring Vendors
Are legacy ITOM tools leaving you paralyzed?
It’s time to start asking questions about your legacy ITOM monitoring tools. Download the eBook, “Are legacy ITOM tools leaving you paralyzed?” to find out just how legacy ITOM tools are affecting your business. In it, you’ll be asked the following questions:
- Are legacy ITOM tools leaving you paralyzed?
- Do you have the right toolset?
- Is your ITOM vendor leaving you behind?