- Main Menu
- Platform Overview
- Automated Root Cause Analysis
- Hybrid Cloud Monitoring
- Multi-Cloud Monitoring
- Network Monitoring
- Network Configuration Management and Change Management
- Trust Center
- Technology Partners
- Why ScienceLogic
- AIOps Value CalculatorCalculate Your Value
Build your AIOps use case in 3 easy steps.
- Main Menu
- By Industry
- By Solution
- By Use Case
Stepping Closer to AIOps with Workflow Automation
This blog outlines how the ScienceLogic SL1 platform kick starts your automation journey with automated workflows – your next step toward AIOps.
If automated operations is the endgame, then investing in an AIOps platform that enables automation will get you there. ScienceLogic has been focused on the journey to automated IT operations (AIOps) for years. Over the last few years, we’ve proven out the workflow automation within the SL1 platform specifically as it relates to incident and CMDB management with ServiceNow. Workflow automation is more than just running a script. Workflow automation integrates and enables the automation of complex, multi-step workflows between multiple toolsets and data sets to enable the shift from human-centric to machine-driven operations.
While many vendors talk about automated ticketing, we’ve built out 7-8 ITSM workflows that go beyond ticketing. These workflows enable teams to automatically share data between ITSM and ITOps tools to eliminate time-consuming, manual processes. We designed these workflows to enable organizations to:
- Automate incident management
- Perform event management
- Keep your CMDB up-to-date with your real-time monitoring environment
- Reduce incident noise during maintenance windows
- Synchronize Business Service relationship data to ensure consistent service impact analysis
- Auto-initiate discovery, onboarding, and monitoring of new IT resources (configuration items) that fulfill service catalog requests
A Framework for Workflow Automation
In the course of building out these ITSM workflows, we created a framework called SL1 PowerFlow that enables organizations to:
- Automate complex, multi-step IT workflows
- Build custom workflows with the low-code SL1 PowerFlow Builder
- Track workflow automations in flight with the SL1 PowerFlow Control Tower
Expanding Out-of-the-Box Workflows for ITOps, SecOps, DevOps, & More
ScienceLogic is building on that foundation to automate workflows across and between operations teams. Organizations want to improve how IT teams work together in a highly efficient and highly coordinated way—working together as a hive mind. But a typical IT environment has many disparate tools. SL1 brings order to that web and enables organizations to improve how their IT teams work together as a hive mind.
SL1 makes the hive work together by connecting disconnected and siloed tools to make a cohesive whole. Not only does SL1 connect with Splunk and Slack, but it connects Splunk to Slack. In other words, SL1 connects a number of disconnected pieces together to make a cohesive whole—which makes the tools stronger and more valuable.
Over the next few months, we’ll be diving deeper into various IT workflow automation scenarios and the SL1 PowerFlow framework with blogs about:
- Keeping all your service desk, notification, and collaboration tools in sync and your stakeholders abreast of critical issues and their resolution status
- Achieving visibility into automated workflows in flight with SL1 PowerFlow Control Tower
- Incorporating network configuration management into your AIOps ecosystem