IT Monitoring software provider ScienceLogic today launched an app library, providing hundreds of technology extensions called PowerPacks—free of charge to its customers. Taking cues from smartphone providers and other consumer markets, PowerPacks dramatically extend the reach and functionality of ScienceLogic’s core IT Monitoring product.
Traditional IT and cloud monitoring products deliver only core functionality out of the box. Adding support for additional software and hardware technologies requires custom development by the vendor that takes months to complete per integration, and often costs hundreds of thousands of dollars. With the ScienceLogic PowerPack library, hundreds of PowerPacks are provided free of charge. Many of these Apps were developed by or in tandem with ScienceLogic’s large community of users. The PowerPacks offer customers IT agility, flexibility, extensibility, ease of use, and cost savings.
“Never before in our industry has an app library of technology extensions been made available,” said Dave Link, CEO, ScienceLogic. “Now we can respond to our customers’ myriad hybrid computing requirements by saying, ‘There’s an app for that.'”
Each app serves a specific customization requirement. Once they are powered up, they are automatically integrated into the customer’s ScienceLogic software platform. Packs of related PowerPacks include dashboards, collection rules, reports and automations, delivering value the instant they are deployed.
Customer Benefits Include:
- Free product extensions: For ScienceLogic users, there is no charge for the PowerPacks and they can be downloaded from the company’s Customer Portal.
- Time Saving: Apps save time from integration-build headaches. Users are able to complete more integrations at a much faster pace.
- Instant visibility: With over 1,000+ Apps, one can truly monitor ‘The Internet of Everything.’ Chances are good that an App already exists for any specific monitoring requirement.
- Self-Starting: PowerPacks are easily accessible and customizable, and constantly updated by real world professionals. For users who want to go even faster and/or create competitive barriers for their business by leveraging their own internal monitoring best practices and establish intellectual property (IP)—they can create their own PowerPacks in minutes with ‘drag-and-drop’ functionality. Architecturally open and extendible, users can install, edit or delete existing PowerPacks in minutes.
- Improved IT Performance: With each PowerPack, customers get even more automated and instant visibility of the IT infrastructure, delivering instant operational awareness for their IT environments.
- Holistic Management: Users can download multiple PowerPacks to manage a complete technology end-to-end. For example, to manage SharePoint, users can download multiple PowerPacks that provide total SharePoint visibility and monitoring at the application, server and network levels.
To access the PowerPack library, please visit: https://sciencelogic.com/powerpacks