Sales Enablement Instructional DesignerReston, VA or Remote
*This position can be remote within the US*
What we’re looking for…
ScienceLogic’s goal is to accelerate the productivity of its global sales team with a world-class onboarding and a highly effective ongoing enablement program. We are looking for an instructional designer that loves creating innovative and impactful learning content and development experiences.
The Sales Enablement Instructional Designer will also take ownership of all content development for our New Hire Onboarding Training as well as seller assets like team-specific seller’s guides, scripts and checklists. They will coordinate with SMEs (Subject Matter Experts) from Contracts, Finance, Legal, Marketing and Sales to inform the development of the most effective and impactful sales training assets imaginable!
They will work directly with the Sr Director of Sales Enablement on training development, coaching, and sales productivity tools and metrics to measure programs and tools effectiveness.
Who we are…
Our Sales Enablement Organization is in high growth mode, to accommodate the rapid expansion of our sales organization and ScienceLogic as a whole. It is an exciting time to join our team and bring your expertise to make real and significant impact!
The sales team we support is responsible for finding and qualifying opportunities as well as selling the value of SL1 by identifying a prospect’s business outcomes and demonstrating how they can be achieved using our platform. Sales Enablement is measured by sales’ ability to do this more effectively and efficiently, and in greater measure.
What you’ll be doing…
- Proactively identifying and translating ongoing enablement needs into effective learning content and experiences
- Partnering with a variety of stakeholders to include Marketing, Product, Engineering, and the Sales Team to identify skills gaps, learning needs, and develop resources that produce the desired learning outcomes
- Provide ideas and expertise to Sales Enablement Leadership on how to most creatively and effectively present learning content to sales professionals in a way that they can easily access and digest when needed
- Create scalable and repeatable mechanisms, processes, templates and structure to make sales training development as rapid and efficient as possible
- Understanding our customers, our products and how our sales team progresses a deal from prospecting to closed won, that is, our sales mechanism
- Creating demo and presentation scripts for presenters that focus on the real-world problems our platform can solve, not on features/capabilities
- Measuring the impact of sales enablement efforts and tying them to the business outcomes ScienceLogic is looking to achieve
Qualities you possess…
You’d be a good fit for this opportunity if you are proactive and self-directed, a team player, looking for an opportunity to make a real impact within a growing sales organization, and have the following experience…
- Proven ability to partner with members of both immediate team and partner organizations, to develop the best learning solutions for our internal customers
- Expertise assessing enablement needs, working collaboratively with teams to build curriculum that address those needs, delivering ongoing reinforcement, and measuring results
- Experience creating and editing multi-media content, including video footage, for usage in various learning formats
- A demonstrated ability to produce content for new hire onboarding programs, with special preference for sales-specific design and measurement
- Experience working with metrics to assess training programs to make data-driven decisions and continuously iterate to improve all offerings to the sales force and our partners
- Familiarity with various sales methodologies, especially knowledgeable with MEDDICC
- Deep and proven knowledge of leading adult learning practices
- Understanding of the time challenges faced by Account Executives and Business Development Reps with a demonstrated ability to create modularized and space learning experiences that increase application, engagement and retention
- BS/BA degree in an education (Curriculum Instruction/ Design) or business learning field (like I/O Psych)
- 3-5+ years of curriculum development experience in a technology company
- Ability to apply effective training methodologies and leverage enablement platforms/tools to enhance experiences
- Experience working with various sales enablement tools and eLearning platforms such as Brain Shark, High Spot, Seismic, MindTickle, GONG and Litmos
- 2+ years of experience specifically developing sales training content is preferred. Familiarity with trends in learning technologies (i.e., Learning Management Systems and on-demand authoring tools/approaches) is expected
- Preference given for those with Articulate and Captivate authoring experience
ScienceLogic is a leader in IT Operations Management, providing modern IT operations with actionable insights to resolve and predict problems faster in a digital, ephemeral world. Its solution sees everything across cloud and distributed architectures, contextualizes data through relationship mapping, and acts on this insight through integration and automation.