Manager, Financial OperationsReston, VA
*This position can be remote within the US*
What we’re looking for…
ScienceLogic is looking for a highly motivated individual who wants to join a close-knit, collaborative team that encourages growth and thinking outside of the box. You will play a key role in preparing our company for continued success as we roll out our new hybrid monitoring platform, SL1. Reporting directly to the Director of Finance Operations, you will be responsible for the design and implementation of new processes to keep pace with ScienceLogic’s rapid growth that will lead to better reporting and data-driven decisions for the Company. Our Finance Team is involved in every area of the business; therefore, you can expect exposure in new areas as you grow and work on ad-hoc projects as requested by our executive management team, investors, and bankers.
What you’ll be doing…
- Maintains an excellent, current working knowledge of NetSuite ERP.
- Analyzes and recommends solutions to complex business problems leveraging NetSuite capabilities and limitations.
- Manage NetSuite roles, profiles, custom reports, and workflows.
- Troubleshoot problems related to NetSuite, reproduce, and resolve problems reported by users in a timely manner.
- Serve as a subject matter expert of NetSuite, Salesforce, Concur, and Celigo platforms.
- Translates business requirements into user and functional requirements.
- Recommends system changes and enhancements.
- Creates documentation such as policies, procedures, workflows, and user guides.
- Supports research, analysis, and development of new concepts and emerging technologies.
- Work with external NetSuite developers to develop, test and deploy customizations, custom objects, and new functionality based on evolving business needs.
- Maintaining CaptivateIQ software for commissions and assisting with Commissions as needed.
- Calculation of monthly journal entries for commission expense and deferred commissions in accordance with GAAP.
- Preparation of semi-annual Sales team comp plans based on Sales Quotas and ensure these roll up to corporate budget goals.
- Assisting the Sales Team in preparing Quotes and assisting CFO with contracts.
- Recommending and reviewing the latest cutting-edge software tools for implementation of scalable, sustainable, and efficient business processes for improved financial and operational reporting.
Qualities you possess…
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance preferred.
- Proven work experience as operations manager in the industry.
- 5+ years of relevant full-time work experience.
- Minimum 3 years of experience supporting NetSuite in an administrative capacity.
- Project management, ERP implementation, and system integration experience.
- Big 4 experience and understanding of accounting principles (GAAP)
- Experience and familiarity with key software metrics (ACV, TCV, LTV, CAC, ARR, etc.)
- Ability to be flexible, learn, and work effectively in teams
- Problem-solver and multi-tasker
- Ability to adapt and work in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Strong Microsoft excel skills (pivot tables, lookups, etc.)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
ScienceLogic is a leader in IT Operations Management, providing modern IT operations with actionable insights to resolve and predict problems faster in a digital, ephemeral world. Its solution sees everything across cloud and distributed architectures contextualize data through relationship mapping, and acts on this insight through integration and automation.