Director, Deal Desk & ContractsReston, VA or Remote
*This position can be remote within the US*
What we’re looking for…
ScienceLogic is looking for a Director, Deal Desk & Contracts to join our Sales Operations team. This position is based out of our headquarters in Reston, Virginia. The Director, Deal Desk & Contracts plays a pivotal role at ScienceLogic and is primarily responsible for driving deal acceleration and scale while implementing contracts governance. Reports to Senior Vice President, Global Enterprise Systems & Operations.
Who we are…
The Global Enterprise Systems & Operations team is composed of highly intelligent and innovative professionals who are dedicated to supporting ScienceLogic’s significant growth. We are a dynamic group of results-driven individuals committed to a common goal of delivering cutting edge technology solutions for hybrid cloud network monitoring and having fun while doing it.
What you’ll be doing…
As the Director, Deal Desk & Contracts at ScienceLogic you’ll have the opportunity to take an active leadership role and work positioning ScienceLogic value programs and service offerings that help customers achieve their business and operational goals.
- Work directly with customers, sale teams, sales leaders, services and support teams, and ScienceLogic leadership teams to optimize deal structure for both ScienceLogic and our customers and partners.
- Bring the various stakeholders including but not limited to Sales, Finance, Legal, Security and Compliance to close complex and high value deals.
- Assist with complex contract negotiations and manage the approval process, including liaising with involved internal groups such as Legal, Finance, Services, etc.
- Able to train and work closely with sales teams to make sure everyone is aware of the process and constructs, and to quickly execute on deals that are in the pipeline.
- Understand and apply applicable revenue recognition rules to best align to company goals.
- Optimize existing processes and develop new scalable/repeatable process including implementing a document control system and capturing key contract terms for downstream consumption and compliance.
- Able to negotiate public sector deals from a business desk perspective (legal, contract, business, etc.)
- Understand the business and technical requirements of our customers and partners, and work closely with the internal teams to fashion appropriate deal terms.
- Providing business or pricing analysis to prioritize and lead deal construct efforts.
- Implement and staff contracts administration function and governance.
- Ability to quickly build credibility and trust with internal customers.
- Demonstrated work ethic based on a strong desire to exceed expectations.
- Data analysis skills.
- Strong leadership, communication, negotiation and persuasion skills.
- Advanced communication skills, both verbal and written.
Qualities you possess…
As the Director, Application Development and Business Intelligence, you must possess the following skills:
- Bachelor’s degree from a fully-accredited college or university or equivalent experience
- Strong background in contracts, including negotiating terms, understanding financial implications of contract structure and risk analysis
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels including senior management and technical personnel
- Proven experience managing complex, multi-function projects
- Ability to work as a strong team player, multi-task, and meet time-sensitive goals within a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Ability to manage and grow a multi-dimensional team
- Ability to capture and present complex technical issues
- Demonstrated proficiency in Salesforce and Microsoft Office Suite
- Understand the business drivers for different functional business units
- Previous supervisory and/or organizational leadership experience required.
- A customer-obsessed mindset
- Proven track record of using data to measure the effectiveness of initiatives, identify insights, and make recommendations for updates/improvement
ScienceLogic is a leader in IT Operations Management, providing modern IT operations with actionable insights to resolve and predict problems faster in a digital, ephemeral world. Its solution sees everything across cloud and distributed architectures, contextualizes data through relationship mapping, and acts on this insight through integration and automation.