Associate Technical Support EngineerReston, VA or Remote
*This position can be remote within the US*
What we’re looking for…
ScienceLogic is looking for an Associate Technical Support Engineer to provide high quality technical support on ScienceLogic products for customers, partners and other engineers. Support is provided primarily via incoming telephone calls, email and client generated portal tickets. Are you a self-starter who is always looking for new and creative ways to resolve issues? Then read on.
Who we are…
The Service Delivery team is composed of groups of highly intelligent and innovative Technical Support Engineers, Professional Service Engineers and Customer Success Managers who are dedicated to delivering a customer experience second to none. Each team member is as unique as the projects we work on, but one thing remains the same – our commitment and passion to delivering cutting edge technology solutions for hybrid cloud network monitoring.
What you’ll be doing…
We know you love a challenge. And so do we. The entire ScienceLogic team is committed to re-inventing the way organizations everywhere monitor their networks; and as part of the Technical Support team, you’ll have the unique opportunity to provide technical support for our cutting edge hybrid cloud network monitoring software.
- Under direction, provide technical support to ScienceLogic customers by answering telephone calls and replying to emails in line with departmental measures, with a focus on high quality, accuracy and customer satisfaction.
- Document and record all activity and communication with customers over telephone and email according to departmental standards of quality.
- Record all activity in the department’s ticketing system, updating cases at least every 3 days in order that progress can be tracked with each customer’s incident, viewed via the customer portal.
- With Assistance, meet or exceed service level requirements and departmental goals for Case Management, Phone and Email response times, and Customer Satisfaction scores.
- Assist in the review of cases for technical complexity and participate in the escalation recommendation process in accordance with departmental Best Practices.
- Utilize knowledgebase articles based on new product information, support incidents, and/or common or critical issues as a resource for resolution.
- Adhere to ScienceLogic Support Services best practices.
- Actively participate in departmental projects and team/departmental meetings by providing feedback on current day to day activity.
- Perform hands-on installation, configuration, and troubleshooting of ScienceLogic appliances.
- Provide on call and shift coverage as required.
- Work in a collaborative environment that is geared towards the highest level of customer service, while exhibiting strong time management and communication skills; as well as flexibility/agility to changing environments.
Qualities you possess…
The key to being successful in the Technical Support Engineer role within ScienceLogic is having exceptional troubleshooting skills combined with a passion for providing top notch customer-handling and communication. Those qualities combined with the following requirements will provide you with the tools needed to become a key contributor to the Technical Support team.
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science/engineering and 1+ years’ experience in Technical Support or a related field. Experience must include successfully providing support, deployment and/or administration for enterprise software solutions.
- Entry level proficiency with system administration/support in Windows and Unix environments with an emphasis on Linux.
- Demonstrated success configuring and troubleshooting SNMP based Network/Systems Management platforms.
- Entry level proficiency with MySQL.
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP networking.
- Must successfully complete the ScienceLogic Certified Professional course upon hire
- Knowledge of scripting, PHP and/or Python is a plus
- Prior experience handling customer cases via phone and email systems; on-site experience a plus
ScienceLogic is a leader in IT Operations Management, providing modern IT operations with actionable insights to resolve and predict problems faster in a digital, ephemeral world. Its solution sees everything across cloud and distributed architectures, contextualizes data through relationship mapping, and acts on this insight through integration and automation.