Incident ManagerReston, VA, Raleigh, NC, or Remote
What we’re looking for…
The Incident Manager is a highly challenging and visible role based in ScienceLogics Customer Success organization, focused on improving customer experience with escalated support incidents. Through industry leading best practice, this individual is the customer's advocate, maintaining a high standard of cross function collaboration on problem resolution and a trusted leader that drives continuous improvement across the organization.
What you’ll be doing…
- Act as the primary interface for local escalation management, guiding critical customer cases to resolution via coordinated collaboration between the Technical Support, Engineering, Customer Success and other teams.
- Ensure the customers voice is heard throughout the escalation process.
- Set correct expectations through effective customer communication while meeting ScienceLogic standards and SLA commitments.
- Provide executive summaries on all critical escalated incidents ensuring clarity on progress and actions.
- Monitor Post Incident Reports (PIRs) and work with Technical Support and Engineering to ensure appropriate resources have been allocated and PIRs are delivered within committed timescale.
- Develop and maintain the incident management system, ensuring industry best practices for incident management processes are deployed, documented, and monitored.
- Drive cross functional improvement for efficiency and effectiveness of incident management execution.
- Provide incident management governance including KPI tracking and business intelligence reporting.
- Identify, analyse, trend, document escalation trends & collaborate with the Support Delivery and Product Management on product defects and trends.
- Actively participate in Support Delivery Leadership and departmental meetings providing feedback on observations of day to day activities and recommendations for improvement
- Ensure existing escalations are being monitored and actioned by responsible internal parties to meet SLAs.
- Record all key issues and help implement process to prevent similar problems in the future.
- Join customer calls or webex sessions as required, along with support and/or engineering.
- Prioritize incidents according to their urgency and business impact to both the customer and ScienceLogic.
Qualities you possess…
A bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience with:
- 5+ years Incident Management experience preferably for a software product.
- ITIL Incident management / Project Management and/or service delivery qualifications (such as PRINCE2 or ITIL)
- Extensive technical support experience with Linux environments, strong understanding of TCP/IP networking, MySQL databases, and/or Network Management.
- Proven skills in crisis management with internal and external client relations.
- Strong negotiation and conflict management skills.
- Experience managing internal and customer initiated escalations.
- Demonstrated experience influencing people across functional boundaries.
- Demonstrated effectiveness working with global or international operations.
- Ability to work effectively in high stress situations.
To be successful in this role, you will need to:
- Show excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Be a self-starter.
- Be a creative person who looks for new and innovative ways to resolve problems.
- Have the ability to maintain a positive and cooperative attitude in sometimes stressful situations.
- Possess strong problem solving, analytical, time management and organizational skills.
- Willingness to adapt to changing environments or changing responsibilities.
- Be flexible and willing to learn new technologies and applications.
ScienceLogic is a leader in IT Operations Management, providing modern IT operations with actionable insights to resolve and predict problems faster in a digital, ephemeral world. Its solution sees everything across cloud and distributed architectures, contextualizes data through relationship mapping, and acts on this insight through integration and automation.