Sr. Documentation SpecialistRaleigh, NC or Remote
What we’re looking for…
ScienceLogic is looking for a Senior Documentation Specialist to join our highly collaborative team. In this role, you will be responsible for producing the documentation materials used by our internal teams and customers. You will work closely with the engineering teams to write and maintain user manuals, online help, release notes, and other product documentation.
What you’ll be doing…
- Use MadCap Flare to create and update user documentation projects, including release notes, manuals, images, web pages, and other written materials.
- Work with product managers, developers, or other subject matter experts to determine documentation needs and understand product functions.
- Work with small development teams to determine and implement required documentation changes.
- Copy edit, fact check, and provide general feedback on documents produced by other team members or staff.
- Participate in documentation planning discussions.
- Create and update internal SOPs for the documentation team, for example, updating the style guide or adding details to the build instructions.
- Participate in review of project requirements to provide estimates on the amount of time required to implement documentation changes.
Qualities you possess…
- 4 or more years of practical writing experience, preferably in a software development environment or other technology field.
- Understanding of, or experience working with, XML/HTML and CSS preferred. Experience with Madcap Flare is ideal. Experience with Robohelp or Framemaker also considered.
- Strong verbal communication, writing, and editing skills.
- Enjoy working on deadline and pitching in on multiple projects.
- Self-starter who is willing to “own” documentation for specific product lines, including planning, scheduling, working with development teams, and writing.
- Ability to adapt your writing and editing to specific style requirements.
- Understanding of the software development lifecycle, including Agile and continuous deployment.
- Working knowledge of networking concepts, database concepts, and system administration
- Working Knowledge of Unix/Linux
- Experience documenting APIs
- Experience with CSS
ScienceLogic is a leader in IT Operations Management, providing modern IT operations with actionable insights to predict and resolve problems faster in a digital, ephemeral world. Its IT infrastructure monitoring and AIOps solution sees everything across cloud and distributed architectures, contextualizes data through relationship mapping, and acts on this insight through integration and automation.