Product Manager - DevSecOpsReston, VA or Remote
*This position can be remote within the US*
What we’re looking for…
A Product Manager plays a key role in shaping the product and success of the business as a whole. This is a tremendous opportunity for an entrepreneurial individual with an application security and DevSecOps background to get in with a company experiencing exponential growth in a rapidly expanding AIOps market.
Who we are…
We are a Forrester Wave Leader. We are a small, nimble software company who is reinventing the way companies manage their hybrid cloud data and systems. Through AI/ML, we provide modern IT Operations with actionable insights to predict and resolve problems faster and smarter. We work hard and play hard. We use bleeding edge technologies on our industry leading SL1 AIOps platform.
What you’ll be doing…
Across today's digital landscape, security is at the forefront of every company's strategy, whether in the methodologies and tech stacks used by the engineering teams or in the actual products delivered to their partners and customers. It is no longer sufficient to begin shifting left - engineering teams must start left, employing Secure by Design principles from the IDE through to deployment. As a Product Manager in ScienceLogic's Engineering Operations organization, you will work with internal stakeholders, partners, and customers to deliver security-first capabilities for the ScienceLogic Platform. In addition, you will be the voice of the engineer, promoting DevSecOps principles and executing against a start-left security strategy that ensures all ScienceLogic engineering teams have the tools needed in order to deliver the highest value to our customers.
- Conduct competitive analysis to position the platform relative to existing solutions in market and trends.
- Create business and use cases for delivery by identifying the overall market opportunity, technical strategy, prioritization and business value.
- Contribute to future developments. Help define, create and communicate technical roadmaps to illustrate the platform vision.
- Participate in product strategy decision for determining what areas of the product we should focus on for improving the customer experience.
- Manage product releases for one or more teams including the breakdown from Epics to User stories. Work with talented engineers to bring great ideas to life.
- Engage with stakeholders, both internal and external, on a regular basis to fully understand how they deploy, operate and leverage the platform and its capabilities to identify new ways to support their current & future requirements.
Qualities you possess…
- 5+ years of experience in Technical Product Management, Strategy, or in a Cybersecurity practitioner role driving application security and DevSecOps best practices
- 3+ years of software product ownership in an Agile development environment or equivalent experience
- Passion for application security, with a deep knowledge and practical experiences employing Secure by Design and DevSecOps principles
- Experience with SCA, SAST, DAST and other security testing tools within an automated CI/CD pipeline
- Experience with ‘as a service’ offerings in AWS and other cloud service providers
- Strong relationship building, teamwork and collaboration skills
- Excellent written, presentation and verbal communication skills
- Quick learner with strong technical aptitude, attention to detail, logical analysis and problem-solving skills
ScienceLogic is a leader in IT Operations Management, providing modern IT operations with actionable insights to resolve and predict problems faster in a digital, ephemeral world. Its solution sees everything across cloud and distributed architectures, contextualizes data through relationship mapping, and acts on this insight through integration and automation.