Services Solutions ManagerReston, VA or Remote
What we’re looking for…
We are looking for an experienced Services Solutions Manager (SSM) to drive professional services sales and support our direct sales teams. The SSM will play a critical role within our Global Services organization to help deliver the company’s bookings plan using a consultative pre-sales approach. In this role, you will build relationships with direct sales teams, provide subject matter expertise in professional services, scope engagements, and write proposals and Statements of Work (SOWs) to increase services bookings. You will use your experience in AIOps, ITOM, ITSM and/or Digital Performance Monitoring to work collaboratively and cross-functionally to propose services solutions that ScienceLogic’s Professional Services organization can deliver to fulfill customer requirements. Do you have high energy and a strong background in IT and professional services? Do you have deep experience in consultative selling techniques? Then read on.
Who we are…
ScienceLogic is a leader in AIOps, providing modern IT operations with actionable insights to predict and resolve problems faster in a digital, ephemeral world. ScienceLogic’s Global Services team is passionately focused on selling and delivering services that drive customer outcomes with our software. We are responsible for increasing services revenue and booking new business globally in enterprise, service provider, systems integrator and federal government markets.
What you’ll be doing…
- You will build relationships with direct sales teams, offer subject matter expertise in professional services, scope engagements, and write proposals and Statements of Work (SOWs) to increase services bookings.
- You will use your deep product and professional services knowledge to propose services solutions (e.g., expert and success services) that help customers achieve successful business outcomes from their investment in ScienceLogic software.
- You will work collaboratively and cross-functionally to drive new business for both project-based and subscription services that ScienceLogic’s Global Services organization can deliver profitably to fulfill customer requirements.
- You will proactively provide consultative advice and guidance to Sales and customers on how best to use services to realize value from ScienceLogic software over the Land, Adopt, Expand and Renew Lifecycle.
- You will work collaboratively with the Sales and Professional Services teams to identify, scope, price, propose, negotiate and close professional services engagements.
- Participate in consultative pre-sales workshops and discovery meetings to understand customer business challenges, desired business outcomes, and technical requirements.
- Identify opportunities to create repeatable professional services offerings and participate in the service offering development process.
- Coordinate, collaborate and communicate with all company stakeholders, including Sales, Services Sales, Systems Engineering, Professional Services Delivery, and executives as required to meet company and customer commitments.
- Participate in the forecasting process, including sales to delivery handoff meetings for booked engagements.
- Recommend process improvements and champion change management when required.
- Post pandemic, travel to meetings as required (approximately 20% to 30% travel).
Qualities you possess…
- A bachelor’s degree or higher in a technical discipline or equivalent work experience.
- Experience as a Services Solutions Manager, Engagement Manager, or Delivery Manager for an OEM/Technology Provider, Service Provider, Systems Integrator or equivalent experience in a technical sales role that required deep product knowledge.
- 5+ years in any combination of services sales/business development, pre-sales system engineering, PS delivery/engagement consulting, and services offering development.
- Understanding the role of technology services in enabling customers to realize business value from a technology investment over the customer lifecycle (Land, Adopt, Expand and Renew).
- Consultative solution sales experience with Enterprise Customers, Federal Government Agencies, Service Providers and/or System Integrators.
- Ability to scope professional services engagements and create SOWs and proposals.
- Ability to proactively sell professional services, negotiate contracts and close deals.
- Ability to build relationships with the Field Sales organization to drive sales opportunity development.
- Understanding of technical and commercial issues (ACV, TCV, pricing, revenue recognition, etc.) related to selling subscription-based software (SaaS or on-premises) with attached professional services.
- Understanding of the contractual issues related to PS contracts types, such as T&M and Fixed Price.
- Understanding of AIOps, ITOM, ITSM, networks, applications, cloud, SaaS and service-based solutions.
- Excellent written, verbal, negotiation and collaboration skills.
- Proactive, self-motivated and able to work independently and with a team on multiple, simultaneous opportunities.
- Ability to prioritize competing deadlines.
- ITIL knowledge preferred.
ScienceLogic is a leader in IT Operations Management, providing modern IT operations with actionable insights to predict and resolve problems faster in a digital, ephemeral world. Its IT infrastructure monitoring and AIOps solution sees everything across cloud and distributed architectures, contextualizes data through relationship mapping, and acts on this insight through integration and automation.