UI ArchitectReston, VA or Remote
What we’re looking for…
Are you an ambitious software architect who can cast a vision of beautifully displayed intuitive data? Does implementing a leading-edge architecture making a data lake into an elegant dashboard sound like your kind of challenge? Are you a master of best practices and managing complexity? You will play a critical role in the development of our industry leading AI operations solution.
Who we are…
ScienceLogic scored a leadership position in the “The Forrester Wave” Intelligent Application and Service Monitoring report. We are a small, nimble software company reinventing the way companies manage their hybrid cloud data and systems.
What you’ll be doing…
As a software architect with ScienceLogic, you will play an integral role in building ways to support the elegant display of volumes of data into a UI experience that provides clarity and visibility for managing on-prem and multi-cloud infrastructure for some of the largest companies and service providers in the world.
- Collaborate with other league architects and participate in the architectural review board
- Build and maintain an Architecture Roadmap for a set of teams and align it against the Product Roadmap
- Arbitrate technology and design decisions across teams
- Manage a repeatable methodology / patterns to successfully develop and build applications according to best practice standards
- Collaborate with stakeholders to understand the market requirements, ensure successful application of architectural design and implement leveraging and reuse of enterprise components
- Ensure all stakeholders understand the vision state and the approach to achieving the technology roadmap
- Mentor engineering teams to help shape strategies, solve problems, and create solutions
- Author clear technical documentation and presentations to communicate architecture and design options to educate engineering teams and product managers
- Conduct experiments to prove hypotheses and model out solutions
- Influence technology standards, guidelines & principles in collaboration with other domain teams
- Be a trusted advisor to engineering management & align technology vision with business and technology priorities
- Leading technical design reviews, with a focus on hard technical artifacts
- Evaluate and recommend tools, technologies and processes to ensure the highest quality product platform
- Maintain architectural roadmap alignment against the product roadmap
- Bridge the gap between group architectural and design needs and a central Architecture Review Board.
- Leading architecture discussions for key features of the application area. Evaluating architectural choices and decisions made by others, and formulating alternatives
- Evaluating whether proposed architecture meets relevant business cases
- Ensuring compliance with the software development lifecycle
- Develop proofs of concept and then create plan of moving them to implementation
- Proven experience in analyzing current state architecture and developing optimal proposed target state architecture
- Lead the evaluation of business and technical requirements and identify gaps/risks.
- Reviews proposed enhancements to validate feasibility and assists with scoping and estimating work
- Approves architecture designs with a focus on standards, performance, flexibility, scalability and security
- Design solution architecture to ensure a scalable, performant, highly available secure software product
- Challenge wasteful processes and practices with business-relevant alternatives
- Be bold and communicate upwards conflicts between innovation and standardization
- Guide teams to critically analyze requirements to do the right thing, not just what they are asked to do
Qualities you possess…
- Experience with React Hooks, Typescript, CSS, HTML5, theming, apollo, shared component libraries, storybook and monorepo
- Experience with webpack, Jenkins, and writing build scripts a plus
- You love to simplify code and define standards and best practices to make code cleaner.
- Mentor and peer code with junior and senior programmers
- Collaborate with other Architects in various areas of our platform
- 5+ years of experience using Agile/Lean & DevOps methodologies nice to have
- 7-10 years experience working in technical teams, with the majority of time as an individual contributor. Understanding of and participation in a well-defined software development lifecycle
- Demonstrable experience navigating inside a mature agile engineering organization
- Solid understanding of Computer Science fundamentals. Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field is desirable
- Evidence of clear, concise communication abilities
- Experience mentoring and training developers
ScienceLogic is a leader in IT Operations Management, providing modern IT operations with actionable insights to resolve and predict problems faster in a digital, ephemeral world. Its solution sees everything across cloud and distributed architectures, contextualizes data through relationship mapping, and acts on this insight through integration and automation.