Associate DevOps EngineerReston, VA or Remote
What we’re looking for…
ScienceLogic is seeking an Associate DevOps Engineer to help bridge the gap between product software development and IT operations. The role involves the design, development, provisioning and deployment of cloud infrastructure and automated CI/CD pipelines. This role is part of a growing DevOps organization dedicated to modernizing our development tools, systems, and processes. You will be a driving force for speed and efficiency within our Engineering organization so teams can deploy software to the cloud and on-premise customer environments rapidly. This role demands a passion for modern Public Cloud development tools, container technologies, and the flexibility and desire to learn and grow using cutting edge technologies for our industry leading software platform.
What you’ll be doing…
In this role, you will work collaboratively with software engineering to develop, deploy and operate our systems; as well as help automate and streamline our operations and processes.
- Support development activities including troubleshooting and resolving issues in our dev, test and production environment.
- Monitor systems to ensure maximum up-time and quality of service.
- Provide internal support and scalability for our continuously evolving environment.
- Work with Continuous Integration/Configuration platforms and tools to automate infrastructure provisioning and deployment flow.
- Evolve our DevOps build framework and implement standards, processes, and controls for release and deployment activities.
- Develop sound version control best practices.
Qualities you possess…
You have a passion for bringing efficiencies into every environment you touch through your dynamic combination of system administration and deployment experience. You also bring the following to the table:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of DevOps/Systems Engineering/Linux Administration experience.
- 1+ years of experience deploying and operating in the Public Cloud (AWS).
- 2+ years of Python or other open source development experience is required.
- Experience implementing solutions with container technologies such as Kubernetes.
- Experience with deployment automation and CI/CD tools such as Terraform, Jenkins, Ansible or Chef.
- Experience with source control and repository management tools, such as GIT and Artifactory or Harbor.
- Familiarity with Linux commands.
- Shell and Bash scripting experience is a plus
- Prior experience building software is a plus.
- Familiarity with software packaging (Linux RPM’s and Linux RPM Spec Files) is a plus.
- AWS certifications are a plus.
- CKA certification is a plus.
- Security experience is a plus.
ScienceLogic is a leader in IT Operations Management, providing modern IT operations with actionable insights to resolve and predict problems faster in a digital, ephemeral world. Its solution sees everything across cloud and distributed architectures, contextualizes data through relationship mapping, and acts on this insight through integration and automation.