Sales EngineerPhoenix, AZ or Remote (Western US)
*This position can be remote within the US*
Are you ready to help revolutionize the way organizations everywhere monitor their Business Services and underlying infrastructure? Then read on.
What are we looking for?
ScienceLogic is looking for a proven Sales Engineer with at least seven years of pre-sales experience in network monitoring/management or cloud services to join their established sales organization. You’ll work alongside experienced Account Executives with some of the technology industry’s most innovative and well-known organizations to help them get the most out of their infrastructure through ScienceLogic’s Automation Engine for AIOps solution. The ideal candidate will have significant experience working with both enterprise and managed service companies.
What will my typical day look like?
Each day is going to bring new and exciting challenges your way; but with your ability to retain in-depth and hands-on product knowledge and your borderline geeky addiction to staying up to date with the newest industry standards, there isn’t a CIO you can’t impress. No two days will be the same as a Sales Engineer with ScienceLogic, but here’s a sneak peek into some of the responsibilities you’ll have in the role.
- Impress customers and prospects alike with your supernatural ability to think on your feet during sales presentations and demonstrations.
- Prove that ScienceLogic is the only vendor able satisfy a prospect’s technical and business requirements in a proof of value (POV).
- Document why ScienceLogic is different from the competition in emails, RFPs, and other files during the sales process.
- Provide occasional Tradeshow support.
- Excellent communication and ability to develop customer rapport is paramount.
How will you be successful here?
Are you just as much in your comfort zone in a boardroom full of executives as you are in the data center surrounded by engineers of all varieties? How about the ability to handle a wide variety of tasks along a multi-variable timeline? If so, these qualities combined with the skills listed below, when executed well, are the recipe to becoming a wildly successful part of our team.
- BS/BA degree in EE, CS, or related field and 7+ years’ experience in Sales Engineering in network monitoring/management or cloud services
- Ability to articulate complex topics to business or technical audiences
- Ability to translate technical advantages into business benefits
- Technical pre-sales experience working with ITOM, APM, ITSM
- Ability to travel and have a willingness to get the job done right by visiting customers face-to-face during critical points in the sales cycle
- Understand the daily pains of Enterprise IT Operations personnel in today’s highly virtualized data centers as they migrate workloads to the cloud
- Understand the needs of Managed Service Providers in their quest to gain market share
- Proven or demonstrably dazzling presentation, speaking and writing skills
- Knowledge of: UNIX, TCP/IP, SNMP, XML, ODBC, Syslog, SSH, ITIL, Python
ScienceLogic is a leader in IT Operations Management, providing modern IT operations with actionable insights to predict and resolve problems faster in a digital, ephemeral world. Its IT infrastructure monitoring and AIOps solution sees everything across cloud and distributed architectures, contextualizes data through relationship mapping, and acts on this insight through integration and automation.