What we’re looking for…
Are you an ambitious software engineer who is looking for a new challenge in your career? You will provide critical coding that will handle complex data structures, and come up with innovative algorithms to make a data, rich from a heterogenous infrastructure monitored environment, into elegant visualizations. You will play a critical role in the development of our industry leading AI operations solution.
Who we are…
ScienceLogic has been named a leader in the “The Forrester Wave” Intelligent Application and Service Monitoring report for the past two years. We are a small, nimble software company reinventing the way companies manage their hybrid cloud data and systems.
What you’ll be doing…
As a Software Engineer with ScienceLogic, you will be working on highly scalable, micro-service based platforms, that enable business decisions to be taken which impact the IT Eco-System. The work you do is a core part of the AIOPs strategy that ScienceLogic is recognized as being a leader in. We have a foundational monitoring platform, coupled with a machine learning artificial intelligent aware data lake, that reasons over monitoring data, to yield insights to allow complex decision systems. We are growing rapidly, and that brings exciting challenges around providing meaningful insights to various aspects of the business to provide immediate value to business and technical decision makers in the IT Operational space.
- Build and maintain highly scalable server-side UI processes for the purpose of data collection, manipulation, data pruning, de-duplication, trending patterns, and analytics, etc.
- Work in a collaborative, agile and a fun environment and drive the teams towards a Continuous Delivery mechanism
- Review and maintain product backlog and take a lead role in implementing features adhering to sound Engineering principles
- Take an active role in owning, understanding, and prioritizing technical debt
- Review and correct and/or delegate resolution of defects
- Participate in Scrum reviews, standups, retrospectives, and backlog grooming
Qualities you possess…
You’re a self-starter, a problem solver, an innovative coder, well versed in data structures and algorithms, have excellent time-management skills and are open and collaborative. Plus, you’ve got the following:
- BS in CS or equivalent technical discipline. Have equivalent real world experience? Tell us about it!
- Experience with SQL is a plus
- 3+ years experience developing multi-threaded or multi-process software
- Experience with public-facing interfaces such as GraphQL and/or REST APIs a major plus
- Experience in the area of network or systems management is a plus
- A working knowledge of current build tools, and advanced bash scripting is highly desirable
- You are passionate about delivering high quality, production ready code and believe that teams, not individuals are responsible for software quality
ScienceLogic is a leader in IT Operations Management, providing modern IT operations with actionable insights to resolve and predict problems faster in a digital, ephemeral world. Its solution sees everything across cloud and distributed architectures, contextualizes data through relationship mapping, and acts on this insight through integration and automation.