Chief ArchitectReston, VA or Remote
What we’re looking for…
The ScienceLogic SL1 product has been recognized as an industry leader in the emerging space of AIOps – technologies that leverage ML-based insights to deliver increasingly autonomous, self-healing IT services. We are currently seeking a Chief Architect to ensure SL1 continues to be a world-class platform for enterprise IT. The ideal candidate will have an established background in designing and building highly scalable software products, experience in determining the right technologies, great communication skills, impact, and influence, and the motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment. Reporting to the Chief Product Officer, this person will lead a small team of talented individuals, provide the long-term architectural roadmap as we continue to innovate and expand our lead in the evolving AIOps space.
Optimize and Evolve the Next-Generation SL1 Platform:
- Own the overall product architecture and align it to the product roadmap
- Define and uphold best practices for abstraction, prototyping, and technology evaluation
- Create and review architecture designs for delivering highly resilient and scalable solutions
- Design and implement reusable frameworks to accelerate development
- Champion the use of open-source technology whenever possible and contribute to open-source projects when appropriate.
- Familiarity with cutting edge technologies like Cassandra, Kafka, Docker, Kubernetes, Graph QL, Node JS, React
- Lead/manage a team of incredibly talented software engineers responsible for developing prototypes, frameworks, patterns and standards.
- Manage and execute against plans and delivery commitments.
- Manage and allocate team resources, including staffing, mentoring, and career development of individual members.
- Work cohesively with product managers and engineering management
- Manage expectations, set realistic goals, and achieve them on time and within budget
- Implement and report performance metrics to executive management
- Foster a culture of creativity, collaboration, speed and innovation in a fun work environment while continuously elevating the quality and caliber of the overall software development organization
- Create a productive and healthy work/life balance. Effectively manage stress, foster a flexible work environment, and keep the team focused, engaged, productive, and fulfilled.
Skills & Experience Requirements:
- Advanced degree in technical/business discipline and 15+ years product and technology leadership experience.
- Extensive experience and industry knowledge with large-scale cloud architecture, AI/ML, application, network infrastructure and data center management software.
- Solid understanding of best practices in platform engineering – delivering well-factored services, with clean separation of concern, and comprehensive programmability model.
- Track record of bringing new products to market on-time and on-budget in order to achieve market success.
- Operational familiarity with next generation SDLC methodologies – Agile, CI/CD, DevOps, etc.
- Outstanding business judgment, interpersonal, collaboration and team building skills.
- Strong track record of presenting technology and displaying thought leadership both internally and externally to industry groups, partners and customers.
- Superb written and verbal communication skills and a demonstrated ability to collaborate across multiple functions and geographies while delivering meaningful, high-impact results Thought leader, ability to influence outcomes and quickly turn data into business insights
ScienceLogic is a leader in IT Operations Management, providing modern IT operations with actionable insights to resolve and predict problems faster in a digital, ephemeral world. Its solution sees everything across cloud and distributed architectures, contextualizes data through relationship mapping, and acts on this insight through integration and automation.