What we’re looking for…
ScienceLogic is looking for an ambitious IT Intern for the Summer of 2016 who is looking to gain valuable experience and contribute to a professional team environment. This role will help to support the IT Department and Lab with day to day operations and troubleshooting of the ScienceLogic IT Infrastructure. Ideal candidates will be passionate about technology and hungry to learn and develop their skills.
What you’ll be doing…
- Respond to user requests for service, troubleshoot problems and help develop
- Perform minor repairs to equipment and arrange for other servicing needs.
- Identify and report system issues to vendors.
- Monitor and test resolution of those issues sent to vendors.
- Monitor antivirus software and updates and repair computers infected with spyware, adware and/or viruses.
- Record activities, solutions and other responses to request for service within ticketing system.
- Assist in maintaining inventory records and documentation for equipment.
- Contribute to ScienceLogic technical documentation and participate in policy, procedure, and standards development.
- Consult with vendors, perform research and evaluate products to assist in the selection and purchase of equipment and installation or upgrade of systems.
- Assist users in determining appropriate software solutions to meet needs.
- Develop and provide user training for basic hardware and software use.
- Maintains open communication and positive working relationship with staff.
- Perform other duties/projects as requested
Qualities you possess…
- Working towards a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- Familiarity with Windows, Linux or Mac operating systems
- Ability to assist with supporting PC and Mac hardware components, desktop operating system software, and application software.
- All work must be performed onsite; candidate will be required to come into office for duration of internship
- Excellent communication skills
- This position will be partially onsite
ScienceLogic is a leader in IT Operations Management, providing modern IT operations with actionable insights to resolve and predict problems faster in a digital, ephemeral world. Its solution sees everything across cloud and distributed architectures, contextualizes data through relationship mapping, and acts on this insight through integration and automation.Apply Now