What we're looking for...
We’re looking for a world-class Professional Services leader with a unique combination of executive level presence and credibility, technical depth, business acumen and passion to guide the professional services delivery of the industry’s 1st Context-Infused Automation Engine for AIOps. The VP Professional Services will assure the delivery of our solutions that will enable our customers to innovate and disrupt their standard operating practices, increase adoption and retention and produce quicker time to value.
The role is an integral part of the company’s leadership team, reporting to the CEO, working collaboratively with the Executive Team and leading a highly talented Professional Services team poised to deliver a seamless and successful onboarding experience for our customers. This position is critical to the successful implementation of ScienceLogic’s strategic customer objectives.
What you’ll be doing…
- Define the direction for ScienceLogic’s existing Professional Services team by driving customer relationships through customer onboarding, adoption and retention.
- Lead the transformation of ideas and customer insights and data into actionable concepts, projects, and deliverables incorporating ScienceLogic business objectives, market needs and financial drivers.
- Continually enhance and manage a disciplined process by which ScienceLogic’s product delivery evolves, and by which new ideas are continuously evaluated and integrated into the Customer Experience LAER methodology.
- Develop strong internal partnerships with global sales, product management, engineering, marketing and customer success teams to assure that services are seamlessly delivered in an integrated, aligned and collaborative manner and produce business outcomes that positively impact onboarding, adoption and retention.
- Own the executive level customer relationships, including contract/SOW scope negotiations as needed and communication for all new and existing customers.
- Accountable for department P&L, Services revenue and gross margin for all customer engagements.
- Build a culture composed of purpose-driven teams, allocating resources to high potential opportunities and establishing high performance metrics against operating plans.
- Partner with members of the Executive Team to ensure the company has a consistent vision and operational focus for delivery of world class professional services and best practices.
- Working with the CEO and other stakeholders to ensure alignment of high value projects to revenue generation and business objectives.
- Manage capacity, capability and availability to ensure resource allocation meet aggressive growth business commitments.
- Provide a level of discipline and checks and balances necessary to keep things moving in the right direction.
- Operationalize the business processes to scale the professional services organization for significant growth.
- Keep employees, teams and management engaged, motivated and focused on short-term urgencies while preparing for long term growth.
- Mentor and coach the professional services team driving a culture of providing a strong customer experience.
Qualities you possess…
- An advanced degree in technical/business discipline and 15+ years in Professional Services, including 10+ years of leadership experience, in a software vendor.
- A passion for delighting the customer and creating strong customer loyalty strategies.
- Outstanding global leadership skills with a focus on change management and continuous talent development through strong mentoring competencies.
- A laser focus to champion company NPS and CSAT goals and create and execute strategies in line with the LAER model to achieve them.
- Strong track record of frontline executive level customer communication, management and negotiations of operational issues and escalations.
- Desire to create a customer centric culture to optimize the customer experience and loyalty throughout the customer journey.
- An ability to develop and reinforce customer empathy as a core cultural attribute of our team
- Demonstrated financial acumen, working closely with Finance on managing P&L, revenue recognition, gross margin, and operating budgets to achieve targeted services revenue generation.
- The desire and ability to roll up your sleeves and get into the trenches on a regular, ongoing basis.
- Experience identifying and implementing industry best practices, tools, systems and strategies to build a world class customer experience and provide exceptional ROI metrics on the investments.
- A demonstrated desire to partner with executives in peer positions to create Professional Services strategies that are aligned with the overall company strategy and revenue targets.
- A collaborative approach at the executive and team level, working closely with Sales on opportunities and a smooth, seamless handoff to Professional Services.
- A shared ownership with Engineering and Product Management on product health and direction.
- A disciplined, organized, metrics driven global Professional Services delivery team, providing regular reports and solutions to the executive management team.
- Outstanding business judgment, interpersonal, collaboration and team building skills.
- Experience and strength in communicating with executive team and board of directors.
- Strong track record of presenting technology and displaying thought leadership both internally and externally to industry groups, partners and customers.
- Superb written and verbal communication skills and a demonstrated ability to collaborate across multiple functions and geographies while delivering meaningful, high-impact results.
- Experience as a thought leader with an ability to influence outcomes and quickly turn data into business insights.
- A comprehensive understanding of ITOM, ITSM, or related software space and experience with large-scale cloud architectures, network infrastructure and data center management software is highly desirable.
- The ability to travel globally as needed up to 25%.
ScienceLogic is a leader in IT Operations Management, providing modern IT operations with actionable insights to predict and resolve problems faster in a digital, ephemeral world. Its solution sees everything across cloud and distributed architectures, contextualizes data through relationship mapping, and acts on this insight through integration and automation.Apply Now