What we’re looking for…
ScienceLogic is a rapidly expanding Modern IT Operations Automation company looking for a talented and highly motivated Director of Customer Success to join our team. We offer a diverse, casual work environment, with great entrepreneurial spirit that will allow you to learn and grow very quickly, but always with an eye toward a proper work/life balance.
As the Director of Customer Success, you will manage the team primarily responsible for post-sale customer journey. Based on a comprehensive understanding a customer’s desired business outcomes, the core mission is to proactively guide customers from onboarding through implementation into deep product adoption, ultimately yielding higher retention, lower churn, successful renewals and increased account expansion opportunities. Your team of Customer Success Managers are advocates and advisors responsible for account health and product value realization. You are the orchestrators of proactive customer success plans that seek to always make the post-sale client experience even better.
This role lives and breathes CX, prioritizing the moments that matter the most to our customers. The ideal candidate is a data-driven, experienced business leader that puts customers at the center of all they do, an outside-in thinker with a keen sensitivity to how the ScienceLogic experience makes our customers feel. You will be the key driver and architect of business transformation for our Customer Success team’s performance, metrics, processes, prioritization, organization and day-to-day operations. This includes but not limited to helping CSM’s with how best to prioritize their workloads, creation of repeatable CSM playbooks improving consistency, evolving our customer segmentation strategy and approach, developing tight partnerships and seamless handoffs with Sales, Professional Services, Product Management, Development, and Support, maturing account history tracking, CSM automation and refining KPI’s that measure success.
In order to be successful, the candidate will have years of experience servicing large enterprises, managed service providers and/or global service integrators with established tenure on what it means to serve and increase customer satisfaction in these environments. You will be a key partner to Sales in their expansion and go-to-market efforts. Creating a high performing customer success team viewed by the market as key competitive differentiator is one of your goals.
This is a highly strategic role within the company, tied directly to our growth acceleration through higher customer retention, product expansion and happy customers.
What you’ll be doing…
Include but are not limited to:
- Lead, coach and mentor a high performing Customer Success team responsible for the post-sale customer journey. Provide clarity and examples of former success building up your teams
- Evolve our discipline and rigor around data-driven methods for customer segmentation and prioritization
- Create the structure, process and systems so the team’s efforts are consistent, repeatable, reliable, measurable
- Experience building repeatable CSM workflows through playbooks and automation
- Develop tools and assets that support customer business reviews (monthly, quarterly, bi-annually)
- Proven success working with partners in the business on VOC, voice of the customer, initiatives
- Establish trusted advisor relationships with key customer champions and executive sponsors, ensuring that activities are closely aligned with the customer’s desired business outcomes
- Ensure new employee onboarding and education is smooth and seamless
- Work with the Digital Experience team to deliver and track improvements with Customer NPS
- Demonstrate the business value of the product suite, acting as a product evangelist and exhibiting domain knowledge of the customer’s vertical
- Collaborate with sales team on revenue retention programs by supporting up- and cross-sell activities and by cultivating leads in shared accounts
- Help identify and manage “code-red” accounts through a systematic, repeatable recovery strategy, delivering them to a referenceable state
- Produce a target number of reference accounts per fiscal year via account oversight and relationship management
Qualities you possess… Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Computer Science, Workforce Education, Information Systems or related major, or comparable education and work experience
- 5-10 years of direct management experience of account management/customer success teams in a software company
- Servant-leader mentality, driven to help those around succeed in their careers and as valuable members of our global team
- Passion for CX and an understanding of the industry landscape and best practices (TSIA, LAER, Customer Journey Mapping, standard KPI’s)
- High level of business analysis and statistical thinking, with proven track record of “if you can’t measure it, you can’t fix it”
- Experience working with a Salesforce/ServiceCloud CRM platform
- Experience with CSM Automation platforms, such as Gainsight, Totango, ChurnZero, etc,
- Established project management experience required. Certifications a plus, PMP, Six Sigma, ITIL, etc, with ability to structure and manage multiple projects and work assignments concurrently
- Excellent communication skills, including writing, proof-reading skills and speaking
- Consummate team player at the core, with years of cultivating strong partnerships w/ Sales, Product Management, Development and Support
- Ability to confidently and successfully brief client executives and ScienceLogic executives on program progress, recommendations, and customer status
- Strong interpersonal skills, including, but not limited to demonstrating patience, flexibility, consideration, diplomacy, tact, confidence – overall effectiveness in dealing with adult learners
- Up to 25% travel is possible, but less is generally anticipated
ScienceLogic is a leader in IT Operations Management, providing modern IT operations with actionable insights to resolve and predict problems faster in a digital, ephemeral world. Its solution sees everything across cloud and distributed architectures, contextualizes data through relationship mapping, and acts on this insight through integration and automation.Apply Now