- Main Menu
- Platform Overview
- Automated Root Cause Analysis
- Hybrid Cloud Monitoring
- Multi-Cloud Monitoring
- Network Monitoring
- Network Configuration Management and Change Management
- Trust Center
- Technology Partners
- Why ScienceLogic
- AIOps Value CalculatorCalculate Your Value
Build your AIOps use case in 3 easy steps.
- Main Menu
- By Industry
- By Solution
- By Use Case
Accelerating Agencies’ Hybrid Cloud Operations
Hybrid computing is the reality of most federal agencies today.
The U.S. Government Cloud First initiative is a policy that was introduced in 2011 by the U.S. federal government to promote the adoption of cloud computing across all federal agencies. In addition, the Cloud First policy is intended to promote standardization and best practices for cloud computing across all federal agencies. This can help ensure that cloud services are secure, reliable, and interoperable, and that they meet the unique needs of the federal government. Most agencies have realized that cloud first is not cloud only and that not every workload is suited for cloud creating a hybrid environment.
The modern hybrid cloud is a computing environment that combines two or more types of cloud computing, typically a private cloud and a public cloud, to achieve greater flexibility and scalability. In a hybrid cloud, workloads and data can be moved between the private and public clouds, allowing organizations to take advantage of the benefits of each type of cloud while addressing their specific needs for security, compliance, and performance. Real world examples of this include an organization leveraging a private cloud for sensitive data and applications that require high levels of security and control, while leveraging a public cloud for less sensitive workloads that require greater scalability and flexibility. The two clouds are integrated and managed as a single environment, allowing workloads to be moved seamlessly between them as needed. This can help organizations optimize their IT infrastructure and reduce costs while maintaining the security and control they need if agencies can adapt to a common, full visibility, platform to reduce the complexity of single purpose tools and the tool sprawl that hybrid environments has produced over the years.
ScienceLogic is an IT operations monitoring and management platform that helps organizations manage and optimize their hybrid cloud environments. Here are some ways that ScienceLogic can aid in hybrid cloud operations:
- Unified Visibility: ScienceLogic provides a unified view of an organization’s hybrid cloud infrastructure, including public and private clouds, on-premises data centers, and edge environments. This enables IT teams to monitor and manage the entire hybrid environment from a single platform.
- Comprehensive Monitoring: ScienceLogic monitors all aspects of a hybrid cloud environment, including applications, infrastructure, and networks. This helps IT teams detect and resolve issues quickly, ensuring optimal performance and availability.
- Dynamic Mapping: ScienceLogic provides a dynamic mapping of the hybrid cloud environment, which allows IT teams to visualize the relationships between different components and identify potential issues. This also helps teams understand the impact of changes made to the environment.
- Intelligent Automation: ScienceLogic automates routine IT operations tasks, such as configuration management, provisioning, and remediation. This frees up IT staff to focus on more strategic initiatives.
- Data-Driven Insights: ScienceLogic provides data-driven insights into the performance of the hybrid cloud environment. This helps IT teams make informed decisions about capacity planning, resource allocation, and optimization.
Overall, ScienceLogic aids in hybrid cloud operations by providing unified visibility, comprehensive monitoring, dynamic mapping, intelligent automation, and data-driven insights. This helps agency IT teams manage and optimize their hybrid cloud environments more effectively. Learn more »