ScienceLogic, the leader in hybrid IT monitoring, today announced that it has acquired AppFirst, a real-time application-aware monitoring and analytics company. The acquisition included several patented technologies and scale-out data processing capability. Transaction terms were not disclosed.
ScienceLogic plans on releasing the industry’s first converged platform offering later this year. With newly added best in class agent-based analytics and sub-second application data collection, alongside ScienceLogic’s existing discovery and performance visibility, customers will benefit from an entirely new and better way to manage IT.
“We believe that application dependency discovery and management innovation will accelerate hybrid cloud production environments within the $23 billion cloud computing market,” said Dave Link, CEO, ScienceLogic.* “As we now embed deep application discovery and analytics capabilities into our hybrid IT monitoring platform, organizations for the first time can monitor all business-critical services, including deep application performance, fault and configuration analytics, across their hybrid IT environments. Our acquisition of AppFirst represents a major leap in ScienceLogic’s sophisticated service assurance capabilities, core to helping our customers run their businesses better.”
Customer benefits include:
- Real-time visibility
- High Definition Monitoring enables detection of transient problems when they occur, enabling proactive monitoring and better availability. DevOps teams will appreciate enhanced support for dynamic workloads that live for minutes or even seconds covering application containers and virtual services.
- Scale-out architecture
- Monitor any technology, any vendor, anywhere. Scale-out, microservices-based architecture ensures the business never misses a metric or log file.
- Enhanced Virtualized Systems support
- In-depth visibility across public clouds and converged compute private clouds, provides actionable analytics in environments that are more dynamic in nature
- SaaS enabled
- Cloud-neutral and on-prem ready, ScienceLogic can be deployed anywhere and managed in one place. This reduces the cost of monitoring by giving customers the flexibility to determine where and how they wish to run their monitoring platform.
- Provides a complete view of hybrid IT environments, from the business service down to the automatically correlated infrastructure elements. The result is higher quality service delivery at lower cost.
- Log and network layer analytics
- Connecting real-time log and network performance data provides unprecedented visibility into potential service problems, resulting in faster root cause analysis and better proactive monitoring—enabling IT agility in solving problems before they impact the business.
- Enhanced automation actions from automated provisioning and discovery to corrective actions delivered via smart targeted runbook automation actions.
@ScienceLogic acquires @AppFirst, targets application discovery, performance analytics, sub-second data collection bit.ly/Appfirst
*Gartner citation; the $23 billion cloud-computing market, growing to $67 billion by 2020 according to Gartner