Associate Product Manager - Core PlatformReston, VA or Remote
*This position can be remote within the US*
What we’re looking for…
An Associate Product Manager plays a key role in shaping the product and success of the business as a whole. The Associate Product Manager is responsible for contributing to industry leading solutions around the delivery of the ScienceLogic SL1 Platform and Application atop bare metal as well as the major virtualization and cloud technologies. This is a tremendous opportunity for an entrepreneurial individual with an operations background to get in with a company experiencing exponential growth in a rapidly expanding AIOps market.
Who we are…
We are a Forrester Wave Leader. We are a small, nimble software company who is reinventing the way companies manage their hybrid cloud data and systems. Through AI/ML, we provide modern IT Operations with actionable insights to predict and resolve problems faster and smarter. We work hard and play hard. We use bleeding edge technologies on our industry leading SL1 AIOps platform.
What you’ll be doing…
- The Associate Product Manager will work with internal stakeholders, customers, and partners to deliver the ScienceLogic SL1 Platform and Application.
- You will become a subject matter expert (SME) on the platform and some portion of the application, the evangelist for SL1, both inside and outside of ScienceLogic, and clearly articulate benefits of the platform, its various technologies and capabilities.
- Market Research and Analysis
- Conduct competitive analysis to position SL1 relative to existing solutions in market and trends.
- Create business and use cases for delivery by identifying the overall market opportunity, technical strategy, prioritization and business value.
- Product Strategy and Roadmap
- Participate in user experience led design to come up with great workflows, then work with one or more teams to deliver that vision to our customers.
- Contribute to future developments. Help define, create and communicate technical roadmaps to illustrate the platform vision.
- Participate in product strategy decision for determining what areas of the product we should focus on for improving the customer experience.
- Manage product releases for one or more teams including the breakdown from Epics to User stories. Work with talented engineers to bring great ideas to life.
- Assist in driving the platform portfolio and strategy, working with multiple stakeholders inside and outside of the business to achieve delivery, operations and business goals.
- Engage with stakeholders, both internal and external, on a regular basis to fully understand how they deploy, operate and leverage the platform and its capabilities to identify new ways to support their current & future requirements.
Qualities you possess…
- BS/BA degree or comparable experience in related technical field and a passion for building products.
- The ideal candidate is passionate about delivery and operations and wants to develop innovative solutions that deliver value to customers and generate business outcomes
- Minimum 2 years of software product ownership in an Agile development environment or equivalent experience in development or pre-sales.
- Experience with or exposure to Linux administration, infrastructure operations, or ITOM monitoring platforms preferred
- Ability to balance technical and business issues and communicate appropriately with both technical and business experts
- Strong relationship building, teamwork and collaboration skills
- Excellent written, presentation and verbal communication skills
- Quick learner with strong technical aptitude, attention to detail, logical analysis and problem-solving skills
- Experience in capture and analysis of customer requirements
- Excellent teamwork skills across all disciplines in the company (Sales, Marketing, Engineering, QA, etc.)
- A willingness to travel up to 25% of the time when safe to do so
ScienceLogic is a leader in IT Operations Management, providing modern IT operations with actionable insights to resolve and predict problems faster in a digital, ephemeral world. Its solution sees everything across cloud and distributed architectures, contextualizes data through relationship mapping, and acts on this insight through integration and automation.