Site Reliability EngineerReston, VA or Remote (US)
*This position can be remote within the United States/Canada*
What we’re looking for…
We are looking for a Site Reliability Engineer who is well versed in cloud technologies, has an automation mindset and is an ardent follower of the SRE discipline. If this sounds like you, then our team will be benefited by your skillset!
Who we are…
ScienceLogic is going through a product transformation and the Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) team is at the forefront of it. We are responsible for the design, deployment, and maintenance of the Cloud Infrastructure used for running company’s revenue generating go-forward SaaS product line.
Overall, we’re passionate about automation and solving complex business and technology challenges. Our team combines SRE, DevOps, Software Development and Information Security knowledge to help make Cloud operations agile, elastic inside the security and governance framework boundaries.
What you’ll be doing…
- Design, automate, test, and monitor the use of cloud native technologies as a foundation for a service platform
- Investigate and resolve customer and operational issues with the mentality of fixing and not just mitigating issues
- Automate the practice of keeping third party and open source cloud native technologies up to date, secure, and performant.
- Employ advanced monitoring practices and technologies to detect and automatically resolve platform issues before they impact the customer’s experience.
- Participate in architecture and operations reviews
- Identify and automate measurement of operations SLAs and SLOs
- Triage incident response, document SOPs, Runbooks and train NOC team members
- Writing automation that can be easily supported and extended by others
- Work on special projects as assigned
- Ability to work against tight deadline and occasionally after-hours
- Take full responsibility for the availability and performance of the platform
Qualities you possess…
Here at Site Reliability, we believe that if you are hungry for learning, passionate for technology and like building tools then you are a good fit. Having experience with below skills is an added plus:
- 0-3 years of software development, site reliability engineering or cloud operations or equivalent experience
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or similar field
- Skilled at problem solving, algorithms, and data structures
- Building tools and scripting frameworks from scratch
- Working with Cloud Automation tools like CloudFormation, Terraform, CDK, aws-cli
- Scripting languages like Python, Groovy, PowerShell, Bash, Perl etc.
- Exposure to Windows, Linux administration skills
- Familiarity with basic networking, security and cloud engineering concepts
- Team player who is eager to help others to succeed through mentoring and leading by example
- Highly collaborative with effective written and verbal communication skills
ScienceLogic is a leader in IT Operations Management, providing modern IT operations with actionable insights to resolve and predict problems faster in a digital, ephemeral world. Its solution sees everything across cloud and distributed architectures, contextualizes data through relationship mapping, and acts on this insight through integration and automation.