Director of Product Management - AIOpsReston, VA or Remote
*This position can be remote within the US*
What we’re looking for…
The Director of Product Management, AIOPs is responsible for owning business outcomes and building ScienceLogic’s industry leading AIOps (Artificial Intelligence for IT Operations) platform and partner ecosystem. We are looking for a rockstar who will leverage their market and industry experience to bridge traditional enterprise (network, infrastructure and application) monitoring with Machine Learning & AI systems to help create an elevating UX experience for Service Level Management. The position will work closely with design and engineering as they deliver strategic innovations on top of a disruptive market leading AIOPs platform, that brings together Enterprise Monitoring, Data Contextualization, and actions through Automation that deliver comprehensive customer delight and value.
The Director of Product Management will directly lead a team of rockstar Product Managers and Product Owners and will engage with current and prospective customers in gathering requirements and recommending best practices for Enterprise and Managed Service Provider customer deployments when tightly coupled with cloud services and partner products. The Director of Product Management will be an evangelist for the product, both inside and outside of ScienceLogic, and be able to clearly articulate benefits of the product as a leading solution for IT Operations and Enterprise class Service expectations in modern IT environments. Come and change the world with us at ScienceLogic!
What you’ll be doing…
- Developing and sharing an internal and external AIOPs roadmap reflecting customer input and strategic direction
- Leading and expanding AIOPs product management team with best talent from the industry
- Interviewing customers and prospects to determine needs and wants
- Clearly articulate feature requirements through the development of User Stories, Specifications, Process Mapping, and User Interface Mock-ups
- Work with developers, project managers, and QA leads throughout the product development, testing, implementation and deployment phases to ensure consistent product quality and experience is maintained
- Participating in conferences, analyst briefings and performing other market research to determine market direction, opportunities and threats to be distilled and shared with the ScienceLogic leadership team
- Working closely with the Engineering team to ensure clear understanding of customer needs and acting as liaison with customers and field team to set clear expectations on what is coming when
- Working with the Product Marketing team to develop and deliver messaging to Sales and prospects about our capabilities and what makes them compelling
Qualities you possess…
- BS (MS/MBA preferred) degree and minimum of ten years’ experience.
- A clearly demonstrable customer facing manor with an ability to establish a quick rapport and trust.
- Demonstrated experience leading commercial development of AI/ML tools and platforms with at least 7-8 years of deploying data/analytical or ML product experience
- At least familiarity with cloud native application development and modern DevOps methodologies is must
- Experience directly leading a team of product managers, analysts or architects realize your product vision, with demonstrated success defining and launching excellent products
- Proven success and experience in being a Product Owner/Product Manager, Sales Engineer or Solutions
- Familiarity with the Agile approach to product development
- Ability to lead our customers in defining requirements
- Highly organized strategic thinker
- Can do attitude and ability to get things done by overcoming obstacles and challenges
- Able to motivate and lead a team in a matrixed environment
- Proven ability to motivate technical knowledge workers and articulate a strategic vision
- Ability to stay focused and prioritize work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent teamwork skills across all disciplines in the company (Sales, Marketing, Engineering, QA, etc)
ScienceLogic is a leader in IT Operations Management, providing modern IT operations with actionable insights to predict and resolve problems faster in a digital, ephemeral world. Its IT infrastructure monitoring and AIOps platform sees everything across cloud and distributed architectures, contextualizes data through relationship mapping, and acts on this insight through integration and automation.