Python Engineer - Solutions DevelopmentReston, VA, Raleigh, NC or Remote
*This position can be remote within the US*
What we’re looking for…
ScienceLogic is looking for an ambitious Software Engineer who enjoys building quality software. The engineer will work on a team whose critical mission is to release a Software Development Kit (SDK) and Applications Programming Interface (API) that makes it easier for the growing ScienceLogic community to build solutions faster, with higher quality, and with lower complexity. Ideal candidates will have a strong command of software engineering, love clean and efficient designs, and enjoy collaborating with others to create a vibrant developer community.
Who we are…
Managing today’s hybrid cloud IT infrastructure can be complex and chaotic. ScienceLogic’s SL1 Platform creates clarity and visibility for managing on-prem and multi-cloud infrastructure for some of the largest companies and service providers in the world. The Software Engineering team is dedicated to building the software that powers these leaders.
What you’ll be doing…
The ScienceLogic Engineering team is a group of highly efficient agile teams of developers, testers, and automation experts following industry best-practices, and striving for constant improvement. On one of these teams, you will be:
- Building software components and APIs that enable developers on the SL1 platform.
- Enabling engineers across the world to rapidly build monitoring solutions via a new SDK.
- Working in a collaborative and agile environment that is geared towards Continuous Delivery.
- Writing and maintaining automated unit, feature, integration, and system tests.
- Creating libraries to simplify collection, manipulation, pruning, trending, and analysis of data.
- Participating in the ScienceLogic developer community by answering questions, helping with designs, contributing to our open-source packages and participating in discussions.
- Working on a Scrum team with a Product Owner to manage the backlog and implement the roadmap.
- Actively contributing to code reviews, supporting best-practices, and mentoring other engineers.
Qualities you possess…
You’re a self-starter, a problem solver, love to code, have excellent time-management skills and are open and collaborative. You have many of the following skills, qualities, and qualifications:
- BS in CS or equivalent technical discipline or equivalent experience where you learn basic software engineering concepts – functional programming, OO design, threading, multi-processing, design patterns, etc.
- 3+ years of experience in Software Engineering or a related field.
- Highly proficient with: Python, pip, PYPI.
- Understanding of design patterns, function and object-oriented programming.
- Able to use and understand container technologies like Docker, Docker-compose, Kubernetes.
- Understanding of the Linux command line with the ability to navigate, write scripts, and view logs
- Working knowledge of software development lifecycle from product backlog, through delivery, to maintenance.
- Working knowledge of developing asynchronous, multi-threaded, or multi-process software.
- Experience in the area of network or systems management or administration.
- Experience in an Agile environment with an emphasis on Continuous Delivery/Continuous Integration.
- A working knowledge of build tools and advanced Linux shell scripting.
- Passion for delivering high quality, production ready code and believe that teams, not individuals, are responsible for software quality.
ScienceLogic is a leader in IT Operations Management, providing modern IT operations with actionable insights to predict and resolve problems faster in a digital, ephemeral world. Its solution sees everything across cloud and distributed architectures, contextualizes data through relationship mapping, and acts on this insight through integration and automation.