ScrumMasterReston, VA or Remote
ScienceLogic is seeking a Certified ScrumMaster to drive our Agile development process across a diverse set of teams and projects. Our ideal candidate will have significant experience leading Agile software development for frontend and backend teams in a high growth company. You’ll apply your learnings of Agile best practices, joining a software engineering organization that’s over 2 years into the transition to Agile and a team of ten dedicated Scrum Masters. We realize we don’t have all the answers (we don’t expect you will either) but you’ll be joining a passionate, high-growth team and company that’s committed to Agile and well underway to experiencing the benefits it brings.
What you’ll be doing in this role:
- Servant leader to two Scrum teams.
- Working with Technical teams on delivering solutions to production.
- Facilitate Agile ceremonies for specific technical tracks including: sprint iteration planning, backlog refinement, daily stand ups, sprint retrospectives and release planning.
- Identify differences in understanding and issues as they arise and elevate them to the team for resolution, or to management if needed
- Bring disclosure and transparency to the business on development and grow business trust
- Collect, develop and analyze data and metrics.
- Participate actively in the development and refinement of internal tools and processes, especially those related to continuous delivery and automated testing
- Be able to assist a team in achieving self-organization and high performance
- Drive the team in its pursuit of continuous improvement and experimentation
- Work with the teams to continually plan for PIs and execute on committed goals during PIs
Qualities you possess:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3-4 years in the technology industry as a ScrumMaster
- Self-starter with ability to accept responsibility for projects and see them through to completion, to work as individual contributor, mentor junior level staff, and to contribute as part of a larger team. .
- Concise communicator
- Technical depth and ability to coordinate with product managers and software/QA engineers
- One or more of the following certifications: A-CSM, CSP-SM, ICAgile Professional, PMI-ACP Agile certification
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
- Knowledge of numerous well documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach (example: Burndown techniques, Retrospective formats, test driven development, etc.)
- Understand other engineering and/or business processes and methodologies and can speak intelligently about them and leverage other techniques to provide value to a team/enterprise
- Understand incremental delivery and the value of metrics
- Understand backlog tracking, burndown metrics, velocity, and task definition
Nice to have..
- Advanced level Scrum Master certification preferred.
- Familiarity with automated test tools and techniques
- Background in Software Engineering
- Atlassian Products. Especially Jira and Confluence
- Coaching, mentoring, teaching experience in or out of the workplace
ScienceLogic is a leader in IT Operations Management, providing modern IT operations with actionable insights to resolve and predict problems faster in a digital, ephemeral world. Its solution sees everything across cloud and distributed architectures, contextualizes data through relationship mapping, and acts on this insight through integration and automation.