VP of Sales, GSI & MSPReston, VA or Remote
*This position can be remote within the US*
What we’re looking for…
ScienceLogic is looking for a proven senior sales leader to manage the growth of our SL1 hybrid cloud monitoring platform within both the global system integrator and managed service provider verticals. You have deep experience selling cloud, network infrastructure, data center management, ITSM or IT monitoring and management solutions and an understanding of the selling mechanism to global systems integrators and/or managed service providers. Reporting directly to the Chief Revenue Officer, you possess a unique combination of strategic and tactical depth, business acumen and passion to lead a successful and growing team of Account Executives focused on the GSI/MSP eco system.
What you’ll be doing…
- Manage and oversee a top performing global team of Account Executives and Directors focused on the global systems integrators and managed service provider sell-to and sell-through ecosystem, to achieve and over-achieve quarterly and annual sales targets globally.
- Work closely with the Chief Revenue Officer to develop and execute on sales growth strategies.
- Create accountability and sales efficiency on your team through the use of key performance indicators (KPI’s) and related results-oriented measures.
- Develop deep knowledge and expertise around the SL1 platform and execute on go to market strategies to effectively present our value proposition and differentiators relative to customer’s specific needs in GSI/MSP community.
- Develop strong partnerships with other sales leaders, Product Marketing, Engineering and Professional Services to ensure cohesive team, messaging and delivery in the sales process.
- Keep team members focused on quarterly goals and metrics while preparing for long term growth.
- Mentor, motivate and coach sales individuals and managers.
- Use outstanding communication skills combined with industry and company knowledge to identify high impact sales opportunities and work closely with your team to articulate ScienceLogic’s vision and strategy within the respective verticals.
- Directly engage thought leaders within the space as they drive IT Modernization.
- Work with your team to set and manage appropriate customer and partner expectations regarding the proposed solution from presale, sale and through to post-delivery.
- Build and maintain close relationship with key executive decision makers and thought leaders within the GSI/MSP community
- Understand key factors and changes in the industry, and interpret data relevant to our goals and initiatives.
- Develop and identify competitive strategies and sales plays that create opportunity for ScienceLogic and the partners in the GSI/MSP space.
- Engage with all levels of the organization and within cross-functional teams to manage deal pipeline and close business.
Qualities you possess…
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in an IT, business or related field and 10+ years of sales management and direct software sales experience.
- Proven track record of success selling cloud, network infrastructure, data center management, ITSM or IT monitoring and management solutions.
- Solid experience successfully expanding the GSI global customer (sell to sell through) footprint at an enterprise software company
- Highly successful team player with a roll-up-your-sleeves work ethic, who is committed, results driven, action-oriented and used to a fast-paced, demanding start up culture.
- A strong background in pipeline creation and optimization.
- Previous experience selling SaaS.
- Existing relationships with GSI and MSP decision makers and thought leaders is required.
- Strong business acumen in order to demonstrate and explain how ScienceLogic solutions can meet the business goals at all levels of prospective customers.
- Exhibit high level of ethical standards in all business activities.
- Experience with Meddic or other structured sales methodology and Salesforce.
- Strong presentation, negotiation and closing skills.
- Highly inspirational leader, self motivated, positive attitude, strong attention to detail, organized with the ability to prioritize, respond to pressure and meet deadlines.
ScienceLogic is a leader in IT Operations Management, providing modern IT operations with actionable insights to resolve and predict problems faster in a digital, ephemeral world. Its solution sees everything across cloud and distributed architectures, contextualizes data through relationship mapping, and acts on this insight through integration and automation.