Professional Services ConsultantLondon, UK or Remote
What we’re looking for…
ScienceLogic is looking for a Professional Services Consultant to serve as the primary technical interface and onsite subject matter expert to customers for the ScienceLogic product line. This role offers the opportunity to join a fast-paced, collaborative environment and work with customers and colleagues from many different disciplines. Travel to customer sites of 25-50% may be required. Do you have high energy, an innovative spirit and a strong professional services background with top technology skills? Then read on.
Who we are…
The Professional Services team is composed of groups of highly intelligent and innovative individuals who are dedicated to delivering a customer experience second to none. Each team member is as unique as the projects we work on, but one thing remains the same – our commitment and passion to delivering cutting edge technology solutions for hybrid cloud network monitoring.
What you’ll be doing…
- Perform hands-on installation, configuration, and troubleshooting of ScienceLogic appliances as they relate to the ScienceLogic suite of products.
- Review and translate customer use cases into detailed technical requirements.
- Implement custom solutions using ScienceLogic product line
- Create and deliver detailed solution build and configuration documentation.
- Support management in developing project plans.
- Be flexible and willing to learn new technologies and applications.
- Act as the internal customer advocate for problem resolution, new product features, and future product direction
- Adhere to ScienceLogic Professional Services best practices.
- Be self-motivated and able to work independently on multiple engagements/projects.
- Maintain a positive and cooperative attitude in sometimes stressful situations.
- Be creative and look for new and innovative ways to resolve problems.
- Participate in departmental projects.
- Be an effective team player willing to assist others when needed, and to work independently as required.
- Expect up to 20% travel in the future for on-site work with customers and partners as Covid restrictions permit.
Qualities you possess…
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Proven experience with implementation of enterprise level network management or application performance products
- Thorough understanding of IT infrastructure, application, and enterprise infrastructure best practices
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- 5+ years’ experience supporting/using enterprise class infrastructure monitoring platforms
- 5+ years Linux operating system experience
- 3+ years MySQL Database experience
- 3+ years of experience with SNMP and vendor MIB architecture
- 3+ years of experience configuring SNMP trap and/or Syslog alerts
- Strong knowledge of PowerShell, WMI, XML/SOAP
- Python and/or PHP experience
- Linux scripting experience
ScienceLogic is a leader in IT Operations Management, providing modern IT operations with actionable insights to predict and resolve problems faster in a digital, ephemeral world. Its solution sees everything across cloud and distributed architectures, contextualizes data through relationship mapping, and acts on this insight through integration and automation.