Mid-Level Python Engineer - AutomationReston, VA or Remote
What we’re looking for…
ScienceLogic is looking for an ambitious Software Engineer with Python experience who possesses a strong understanding of software engineering processes and methodologies such as object-oriented design, concurrent programming and design patterns. Ideal candidates will be able to take an active role in reviewing/accepting requirements, and design/architect a scalable, resilient, workflow engine that orchestrates discrete processes with a goal toward connecting complex IT environments.
Who we are…
The Software Engineering team is composed of small groups of highly intelligent and innovative software development and quality assurance engineers who enjoy collaborating on technically challenging projects. Each team member is as unique as the projects we work on, but one thing remains the same – our commitment and passion to delivering cutting edge federated automation/workflow technology solutions for connecting to complex IT systems.
What you’ll be doing…
As a Software Engineer with ScienceLogic, you will be working on highly scalable, micro-service based platforms, that enable connectivity and interoperability in a complex IT Eco-System. The work you do is a core part of the AIOPs strategy that ScienceLogic is recognized as being a leader in. We have a best-in-class integration platform that provides bi-directional synchronization with our monitoring platform which keeps a close watch on mission critical infrastructure. Apart from insights, quick action to remediate problems through automation keeps businesses humming along
- Be part of a successful micro-services platform spanning multi-tenant customer environments at scale
- Contribute to building and maintaining highly scalable Python processes for the purpose of authentication, security, scalable message handling, distributed task processing and intuitive APIs.
- Contribute to the review and maintenance of product backlog, as well as assisting in the implementation of features while adhering to sound Engineering principles.
- Design and develop innovative ideas based on customer feedback, with a mindset of operational excellence
- Contribute to the review and correction of defects.
- Work in a collaborative and agile environment that is geared towards a Continuous Delivery mechanism, exhibiting strong time management and communication skills; as well as flexibility/agility to changing environments.
- Actively contribute in Scrum reviews, standups, retrospectives and backlog grooming.
Qualities you possess…
You’re a self-starter, a problem solver, love to code, have excellent time-management skills and are open and collaborative. Plus you’ve got the following skills:
- We require an intermediate level of proficiency with Python and the ability to deliver high quality, production ready code.
- BS in CS or equivalent technical discipline or equivalent experience where you learn basic software engineering concepts – functional programming, OO design, threading, multi-processing, design patterns, etc.
- 5+ years’ experience in Software Engineering or a related field.
- 3+ years using MySQL/NoSQL and have the ability to evaluate and write efficient queries.
- 3+ years using Linux with the ability to navigate, write scripts and work with packages.
- 2+ years designing and building container based microservices architectures
- 2+ years working with a queuing system like RabbitMQ, Kafka, WebsphereMQ, etc.
- Working knowledge of developing multi-threaded or multi-process software.
- Working knowledge of software development lifecycle, from product backlog through delivery.
- Experience in the area of network or systems management is a major plus.
- Prior experience in an Agile environment with an emphasis on Continuous Delivery/Continuous Integration is a must.
- A working knowledge of current build tools, and advanced bash scripting is highly preferred.
- You are passionate about delivering high quality, production ready code and believe that teams, not individuals are responsible for software quality.
ScienceLogic is a leader in IT Operations Management, providing modern IT operations with actionable insights to predict and resolve problems faster in a digital, ephemeral world. Its solution sees everything across cloud and distributed architectures, contextualizes data through relationship mapping, and acts on this insight through integration and automation.