UX DesignerReston, VA or Remote
Are you passionate about creating the next-gen user experience for an industry-leading enterprise cloud product? Then read on...
What we’re looking for…
ScienceLogic is looking for a talented UX Designer ready to make their mark on the world’s leading product in Hybrid IT Monitoring and AIOps. As a UX Designer at ScienceLogic, you will closely collaborate with Product Managers and Engineers to deliver a compelling user experience through a new product redesign, as well as the addition of new features and functionality for some of our largest Fortune 500 clients.
What you’ll be doing…
Are you looking for an opportunity that will allow you to use your expertise, intuition, and creativity to make a lasting impact on the product and organization you work for? As a UX Designer at ScienceLogic, you will have an opportunity to do just that.
- Help to drive the strategy and vision of a product by delivering a consistent end-to-end experience for our customers in a product that is sophisticated and complex
- Work with UI developers to assess feasibility and know when to make compromises
- Collaborate with end users, PMs and Engineers to deliver UX designs with simplified yet flexible workflows
- Document and communicate final design to Engineering team
- Help document and define UX design patterns
- Help conduct user research activities such as interviews, usability feedback sessions, surveys, etc, to inform design and requirements
- Follow UI standards and best practices, and explain and promote these across distributed product development teams continually and proactively ensuring good practices are adhered to
- This role will report to the UX Manager
Qualities you possess…
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related technical degree
- 4+ years of experience in an enterprise software company as a key member of a User Experience Design team participating in the full development lifecycle (SDLC) of a launched web application
- Minimum of 4 years of experience with Sketch and Invision is required
- Must have 4 years of experience designing UX for complex enterprise software tools
- 4+ years of experience designing summative and formative usability tests
- 4+ years of experience conducting usability tests
- 4+ years of experience creating and maintaining Design Systems
- 4+ years of experience with InVision DSM (Design System Manager)
- 4+ years of experience with Abstract
- 4+ years of experience with Jira / Confluence
- Experience leading meetings with Product Management and Engineers in an Agile environment
- Deep technical complex problem-solving skills identifying the issue and working through to resolution in a complex ecosystem.
- Four years experience working directly with the customer on design issues, strong communication skills are required
- Compelling online portfolio of web application design
- Proven talent of creating user friendly designs that are intuitive and in line with usability and visual design principles
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop and/or Illustrator highly desirable
- Experience leading the user experience design effort in a software or technology company
- Ability to analyze business and user requirements and generate design solutions that address business and user needs
- Ability to create mockups and prototypes that demonstrate work flows and interactions with adherence to visual design best practices
- Demonstrate a solid grasp of web application design web technology
- Ability to prioritize and manage work to adhere to critical project timelines
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of user-centered design process and usability design principles
ScienceLogic is a leader in IT Operations Management, providing modern IT operations with actionable insights to predict and resolve problems faster in a digital, ephemeral world. Its solution sees everything across cloud and distributed architectures, contextualizes data through relationship mapping, and acts on this insight through integration and automation.