Software Engineer in Test - SolutionsReston, VA or Remote
What we’re looking for…
ScienceLogic is looking for a Software Engineer in Test to provide expertise in building automated test scripts for testing web interfaces, API and database services. This role will utilize your attention to detail and passion for perfection to help ensure quality and performance of our leading edge AI/ML platform.
Who we are…
We are a Forrester Wave Leader. We are a small, nimble software company who is reinventing the way companies manage their hybrid cloud data and systems. Through AI/ML, we provide modern IT Operations with actionable insights to predict and resolve problems faster and smarter. Our Engineers and Product Managers are some of the brightest, most creative minds in their field and we are passionate about our product. We work hard and play hard. We use bleeding edge technologies on our industry leading SL1 AIOps platform.
What you’ll be doing…
- Designing and building automated tests and patterns for unit testing, functional testing and end-to-end system tests.
- Assist in defining Definition of Done, and help to achieve the release quality criteria for the product/feature
- Contribute automated tests to be used in our Continuous Integration (CI) framework
- Take an active part in working with other QA members to provide expertise surrounding our testing strategy and automation roadmap
- Own the end-to-end quality of the product features
- Scale and Performance testing experience is highly desired
- Must be a self-starter who is highly organized, hands-on, and a team player
Qualities you possess…
- Bachelor’s degree in CS or an equivalent technical discipline and 3+ years’ experience as a Software Engineer in Test
- 2+ year’s practical QA experience with proficiency in both manual and automation testing
- Proficiency with SQL or NoSQL and able to develop and execute SQL queries to validate functionality and perform data validation. Must also be able to understand stored procedures.
- Working knowledge and usage of reporting frameworks such as Cucumber or Cobertura
- Working knowledge and usage of continuous integration tools such as Jenkins or Travis
- Familiarity with scale testing using tools such as Apache JMeter, Silk Performer or HP LoadRunner
- Demonstrates ability to work in high-volume data testing environments
- Demonstrates ability in test-driven development and behavior-driven development approaches and can successfully implement them within a testing environment
- Has demonstrated success using automation tools such as Selenium or similar framework
- Previous experience working in an Agile environment, including working knowledge of Agile principals and ceremonies
- Candidate must possess the ability to produce top quality deliverables from start to finish
ScienceLogic is a leader in IT Operations Management, providing modern IT operations with actionable insights to resolve and predict problems faster in a digital, ephemeral world. Its solution sees everything across cloud and distributed architectures, contextualizes data through relationship mapping, and acts on this insight through integration and automation.