Software Developer in Test - PlatformReston, VA, Raleigh, NC, or Remote
*This position can be remote within the US*
What we’re looking for…
ScienceLogic is looking for an experienced Software Developer Engineer in Test (SDET). The ideal candidate will develop and maintain test automation frameworks and toolchains to support our continuous delivery pipeline. This role will be responsible for spinning up test environments, deploying integrated builds, running automation tests, conducting results analysis, and providing recommendations back to our Agile teams. As an SDET Engineer, you will also get the exciting opportunity to work with our AI/ML hybrid cloud monitoring platform, SL1.
Who we are…
We are a Forrester Wave Leader. We are a small, nimble software company who is reinventing the way companies manage their hybrid cloud data and systems. Through AI/ML, we provide modern IT Operations with actionable insights to predict and resolve problems faster and smarter. Our Engineers and Product Managers are some of the brightest, most creative minds in their field and we are passionate about our product. We work hard and play hard. We use bleeding edge technologies on our industry leading SL1 AIOps platform.
What you’ll be doing…
- Develop testing tools and frameworks to assist with and streamline automation testing and reduce test cycles.
- Creating and maintaining test automation frameworks.
- Drive framework design and implementation strategy sessions.
- Creating and maintaining integration testing environments.
- Creating and maintaining test data needed to execute automation tests.
- Daily CI test automation runs results analysis.
- Working with test automation engineers to incorporate and run test automation scripts within the CI process.
- Performing code reviews of automated scripts and tests
- Investigating new tools and processes and frameworks to enable efficient, effective automation testing
Qualities you possess…
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related technical field or 5 years of additional experience as a Test/Quality Engineer.
- Minimum 5 years of experience with automated and manual testing including some leadership initiatives and roles.
- 2+ years’ experience developing and maintaining test automation framework(s)
- 3+ years’ operating on an Agile Engineering Team with a solid understanding of SDLC.
- Prior experience building and maintaining test automation frameworks.
- Experience with containerization technologies like Docker and Kubernetes.
- Strong knowledge of Python.
- Working knowledge and usage of continuous integration and auto build/deploy/test tools such as Jenkins or Team City.
- Familiarity with VMware and AWS environments.
- Must be a self-starter who is highly organized, hands-on, and a team player
- Natural team-player who can work seamlessly with engineers across the organization.
- Attention to detail.
- Passion and curiosity.
- Scale and Performance testing experience is a plus
- Security testing experience is a plus
ScienceLogic is a leader in IT Operations Management, providing modern IT operations with actionable insights to resolve and predict problems faster in a digital, ephemeral world. Its solution sees everything across cloud and distributed architectures, contextualizes data through relationship mapping, and acts on this insight through integration and automation.