Associate Python Engineer - AI/MLReston, VA or Remote
What we’re looking for…
ScienceLogic is looking for an ambitious Backend Software Engineer with Python experience focused on deploying and developing machine learning based features to help our customers make sense of an ever-increasing amount of monitoring data. Ideal candidates will be passionate about machine learning, ever curious and hungry to learn, with a bias toward action and delivering value to the customer quickly.
Who we are…
The Software Engineering team is composed of small groups of highly intelligent and innovative software development and quality assurance engineers who enjoy collaborating on technically challenging projects. Each team member is as unique as the projects we work on, but one thing remains the same – our commitment and passion to delivering cutting edge technology solutions for hybrid cloud network monitoring.
What you’ll be doing…
You will join a small and passionate team responsible for the design, development and deployment of machine learning solutions for our SL1 AIOps platform. Your responsibilities will span the entire lifecycle of a ML based functionality, including gathering requirements, design and development, continuous integration/deployment and operations.
- Help us build out a scalable analytical service to augment our AIOps solution
- Design and development for the backend of our Machine Learning service using Python and cloud native technologies
- Work closely with product management and other teams at ScienceLogic to clearly communicate design and implementation details
- Tap into vast streams of structured and un-structured data to provide meaningful insights to our customers on their mission critical business services by using ML frameworks, algorithms and models
- Work in a collaborative and agile environment that is geared towards a Continuous Delivery mechanism, exhibiting strong time management and communication skills; as well as flexibility/agility to changing environments
- Customer centric design and development practices with commitment to high quality through test driven development and constant feedback
Qualities you possess…
You’re passionate about machine learning. You’re a self-starter and quick learner, a problem solver, love to code and have excellent time-management skills. You are a team player, open and collaborative. You also have the following skills:
- BS or MS in Computer Science, similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience.
- 0-3+ years experience with software engineering writing production-level code for highly scalable distributed systems.
- Proficiency in Python is needed
- Experience with MySQL and cached data stores (e.g. Redis) is needed
- Working knowledge of containerization technologies (Docker, Kubernetes) is a must
- Experience with Kafka and distributed datastores (Cassandra or equivalent) is a major plus
- Experience with one or more machine learning frameworks is also a major plus
- Strong analytical skills and are conversational in data science, machine learning and artificial intelligence
ScienceLogic is a leader in IT Operations Management, providing modern IT operations with actionable insights to predict and resolve problems faster in a digital, ephemeral world. Its solution sees everything across cloud and distributed architectures, contextualizes data through relationship mapping, and acts on this insight through integration and automation.