What we’re looking for…
ScienceLogic is looking for an Agile Leadership Team Intern who is looking to diversify or expand their skill set in the holistic world of Agile development practices. See first-hand how Agile is accelerating and stream-lining our development and release process and get a taste of what it’s all about. Our company is constantly striving to deliver more value faster, and we need the support of an enthusiastic and big picture thinker to help us keep a pulse on the work that teams are churning out.
Who we are…
The Agile Leadership Team is composed of our Scrum Masters and Release manager. These integral roles drive change and growth within the teams, to enable them to actualize their potential –as you can imagine, no two days are the same. Each team and team member are as unique as the projects we work on, but one thing remains the same – our commitment and passion to delivering cutting edge technology solutions for hybrid cloud network monitoring.
What you’ll be doing…
Are you always asking your group project members or co-workers to take a step back and look at the big picture? Do you enjoy knowing what’s going on around you, just to have those details should they become relevant in a later conversation? If so, you’ll be in good company, were always looking to understand the bigger picture in order to anticipate the needs of our team. Agile is fundamentally grounded in the idea of servant leadership, and while this is one of the more challenging aspects of this work – it’s also one of the most rewarding. In that, most of what we do is in support of others being successful – these aren’t “intern” responsibilities, these are the job, and we love it!
- Work with a team of Agile Professionals and learn the skills of the trade first hand
- Facilitate team meetings and ceremonies
- Assess the status of time sensitive release details and work with the teams to drive toward the impending delivery
- Become a beacon of knowledge and insight about our current initiative and be the one people are stopping the hall for up to the minute details
- Learn about Agile Methodologies, i.e. Scrum, Kanban, SAFe, and participate in our Quarterly Release Planning session, which steers the work for our company each business quarter.
Qualities you possess…
You love a challenge. You may not have much experience outside the classroom, but you are eager to apply the knowledge and skill you have developed in your studies to real-world situations where you can truly see your impact. You also possess the following skills:
- Working towards a BS in Computer Science or Information Systems or related technical discipline is a plus but if this sounds like something you would be good at – go for it! Your personality, presence, and work ethic are really what we are after.
- Familiarity and practice of Agile Development Methodology is a plus – but before applying, definitely look at the Agile Manifesto to understand the concept of the environment we are trying to foster
- Knowledge of JIRA or any Enterprise Agile tool is a plus
- Engaging, enthusiastic, and a bit of a nerd when it comes to data and metrics
- Organized but also flexible
- Comfortability speaking up when you have an idea you think should be heard, this includes development team meetings and agile leadership forums
ScienceLogic is a leader in IT Operations Management, providing modern IT operations with actionable insights to predict and resolve problems faster in a digital, ephemeral world. Its IT infrastructure monitoring and AIOps solution sees everything across cloud and distributed architectures, contextualizes data through relationship mapping, and acts on this insight through integration and automation.