What we’re looking for…
Opportunity for a highly motivated and experienced Senior Network Operations Engineer on ScienceLogic’s Infrastructure Technology (IT) team. The Senior Network Engineer will be part of the team that is responsible for providing Network Operations support to ScienceLogic’s internal network infrastructure as well as customer facing environments in different physical geographic locations, AWS and Azure.
What you’ll be doing…
- Maintain, troubleshoot, and configure IT network devices including physical or virtual routers, switches, firewalls, and Load balancers
- Perform day-to-day network operations tasks including VM/VIP/MIP provisioning, site-to-site VPN tunnels, responding to alerts and incidents, etc.
- Work with other teams on network design for new solutions deployment and integration of acquired offices/systems
- Ensuring network devices and services are up and running 24x7x365
- Perform all activities in keeping with established change management and approval procedures
- Participate in on-call schedule for after-hours and weekend support
- Execute and complete network projects based on ScienceLogic internal and customer facing needs
- Leverage Tier-1 & 2 support and service desk by creating proper Network Design Documentation, and draft network process/procedures/policies
- Tier 3 escalation support for any network issues on the IT network
- Execute and successfully complete network projects and evaluate new network technologies/platforms to determine their applicability to solving ScienceLogic’s business challenges and needs
Qualities you possess…
- Must have experience with Public Cloud (AWS, Azure, SoftLayer) networking and security
- 5+ years of experience designing, implementing and maintaining IP networks, L2/L3 technologies, routers, L2/L3 switches, firewalls, and load balancers
- Extensive knowledge and strong fundamental understanding of enterprise network technologies including TCP/IP, Routing protocols (OSPF/BGP/EIGRP), VoIP protocols (SIP/SCCP), VLANs (STP/VTP), VPNs (IPSEC), QOS, and IP addressing
- 5+ years of knowledge, experience, and ability troubleshooting and producing designs that leverage protocols such as MSTP, 802.1q, 802.1AX, OSPF, ISIS, BGP, MPLS, LDP, VRF etc.
- 5+ years of working knowledge, experience, and ability with TCP internals and other L4-7 protocols and technologies such as: SSL, HTTP, DNS, NTP, Local Load Balancing, Global Load Balancing, Netmon/Wireshark, etc.
- Excellent Understanding of virtualization technologies particularly VMWare but also including Hyper-V, KVM, etc.
- Demonstrate efficient and effective use of problem-solving, troubleshooting, project management and task prioritization to solve complex network challenges.
- Motivated learner individual should be able to quickly learn new technologies and keep networking skills current with emerging technologies
- Excellent communication and technical documentation skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with technical and non-technical audiences
- Highly motivated individual who is a self-starter and can demonstrate effective project management and completion of complex network tasks with little guidance
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or similar fields. Education requirement can be substituted with demonstrated commensurate experience
- Desirable: CCNA, CCNP a plus
ScienceLogic is a leader in IT Operations Management, providing modern IT operations with actionable insights to resolve and predict problems faster in a digital, ephemeral world. Its solution sees everything across cloud and distributed architectures, contextualizes data through relationship mapping, and acts on this insight through integration and automation.Apply Now