What we’re looking for…
ScienceLogic is looking for a Release Train Engineer (RTE) with a passion for roadmap execution, business communications and the desire to make an impact through effective leadership and project management skills. This individual will perform Release Management in a large-scale Agile environment.
Who we are…
The Product Operations team is composed of highly innovative project managers who enjoy collaborating on complex and challenging projects. Each team member is as unique as the projects we work on, but one thing remains the same – our commitment and passion to delivering cutting edge technology solutions for AIOps.
What you’ll be doing…
Managing and organizing software releases using Atlassian tools.
- Participate and facilitate activities related to bi-annual release planning.
- Maintain and manage key information such as build and release procedures, dependencies, and notifications.
- Maintain Release Schedule and Plan of Record, ensuring alignment across the development teams and partners.
- Actively manage several key initiatives, reporting on scope management, risk, performance, and cost
- Participate in meetings to discuss release scope and/or roadblocks.
- Work in a collaborative and agile environment, exhibiting strong time management and communication skills; as well as flexibility and agility to changing environments.
- Work with the engineering team to understand impacts of branches and code merges.
- Metric identification, collection and reporting:
- Issues addressed
- Showstoppers found during hardening
Scope management and reporting.
- Create and deliver Feature progress reports.
- Track execution of initiatives, features, and capabilities, and capture any modifications from planned vs actual.
- Communicate appropriately to stakeholders on modifications from planned vs actual.
- Provide daily release update via e-mail during key times in the release cycle.
- Lead enterprise system demos. Work with Product and Agile teams to determine demonstrable items and take care of all logistics and communication.
- Bridge communications between teams with Training requirements (Customer support, Sales Engineering, etc.).
- Answer release related question raised by Systems Engineering and Service Delivery.
- Gather commonly asked release related questions and provide a company-wide view using Confluence pages.
- Communicate release related items outside Engineering and Product Management.
Qualities you possess…
You are always looking for a better way through innovation and collaboration. You love a challenge and are looking to join a team that will allow you to utilize your ambition to learn something new and make an impactful difference within the organization!
You also possess the following skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience.
- 5 – 7 years of release management working with software developers and product managers.
- Comfortable coordinating across multiple teams and projects in an Agile environment.
- 3 years of RTE experience is a plus.
- Experience managing projects in an Agile environment, working knowledge of Agile principles.
- Knowledge of software development lifecycle, including agile development.
- Technically competent.
- Understand dependencies, details, and procedures required to achieve approvals.
- Detail-oriented, with excellent problem-solving skills and a passion to produce top quality deliverables.
- Experience as a Scrum Master or Developer in an Agile team.
- Agile certification such as SAFe RTE, Certified Scrum Master, PMP, etc.
ScienceLogic is a leader in IT Operations Management, providing modern IT operations with actionable insights to predict and resolve problems faster in a digital, ephemeral world. Its solution sees everything across cloud and distributed architectures, contextualizes data through relationship mapping, and acts on this insight through integration and automation.Apply Now