AWS EC2 Windows Group Automation
Amazon Web Services
AWS Windows EC2 instance automation example.
Shows how EM7 can be configured to automatically:
- Create an EC2 instance device when an instance is spun up in AWS
- Discover the instance using PowerShell, based on an AWS tag used to identify the PowerShell credential to be used
- Merge the EC2 device with the PowerShell discovered device and set to the correct Windows device class
- Create a new dynamic device group, again based on a tag from AWS
- Finally, terminate the device in AWS and clean up the environment in EM7
Contains a set of Run-Book Actions, corresponding Automations, and an associated event and dynamic application.
PowerPack to automate common tasks when using Amazon Web Services EC2 Windows instances in an auto-scale group
This example was used in the October 2014 ScienceLogic Customer Symposium.