Solutions Marketing DirectorReston, VA or Remote
The Product Marketing team at ScienceLogic is focused on understanding market needs and delivering customer outcomes for ITOps audiences.
As the Director of Solutions Marketing, you will develop Solution definitions, positioning, messaging, and content based on competitive information, market, and product analysis. You will work with prospects and existing clients to ensure that our enterprise solutions match their needs. You will partner with product marketing, product management, and sales leadership teams to understand our buyers and users, what keeps them up at night, and develop clearly differentiated solution positioning for how we can help them.
You will be accountable for the success of ScienceLogic’s core solution messaging and positioning content in support of the Enterprise market. This role requires you to translate market research, forecasts, competitive analyses, buyer and user trends, and campaign results into actionable insights for marketing, product management, and sales teams. You will be responsible for the planning, creation, and delivery of Solution guides (playbooks), white papers, presentations, battlecards, and more to support sales and marketing needs; while working closely with other members of product marketing, along with product and sales teams to ensure accurate and consistent representation of the differentiated solution value proposition of ScienceLogic and the SL1 platform.
This position requires a combination of strong knowledge of our target market (ITOM), the competitive landscape, and deep understanding of buyer and end-user personas. Structured thinking and attention to detail are crucial to the role. This position demands you be an expert in analyzing market data to identify/refine ScienceLogic’s core AIOps Solutions, including the key use cases/problems they solve and how we solve them; influence future GTM and product direction when appropriate; and define/develop assets that clearly and succinctly communicate that knowledge throughout the organization.
We’re looking for an energetic, motivated self-starter that has a passion for marketing and can translate the capabilities of a technology platform into visual, written, and verbal communications that describe how we solve real world customer problems. The right candidate is a great storyteller, highly articulate, understands the IT monitoring landscape, and able to translate product features into clear business value. You will collaborate efficiently and effectively with product marketing, product management, and sales teams throughout the product lifecycle to ensure the field is equipped to effectively communicate the differentiated value proposition and capabilities of ScienceLogic’s platform for different types and levels of buyers and end-users. This position reports to the VP, Product Marketing.
What you'll be doing...
- Market intelligence: Be an expert on our market, our buyer personas, their pain points, and how to win in our market. Work closely with our competitive intel, technical marketing, product marketing and product management experts to clearly articulate our differentiated solutions and their business value.
- Core Content development: Leverage strong positioning and messaging background to develop long-form written and visual content that highlights our value proposition, competitive differentiation; and buyers of our solutions will value (to include solution guides (playbooks), white papers, presentations, webinars, and other solution content).
- Sales enablement: Define and deliver the solution value proposition of our products to the sales team. Develop sales tools that support the ScienceLogic selling process (competitive briefs, playbooks, battle cards, presentations, and other sales enablement content).
- Customer centricity: Cultivate and nurture relationships with internal and external customers to support ongoing definition of differentiated solutions that address key use cases with measurable business outcomes.
- Social and Emotional EQ: Effectively listen, communicate, and manage expectations at all levels (down, peer, up) and political savviness (corporate agility)
- Communication: Communicate effectively with internal and external customers, prospects, industry analysts, media, as well as internal cross-functional teams at all levels of the organization (C-level to individual contributor)
Qualities you possess...
- Bachelor’s degree required, computer science or engineering highly desired.
- 10+ years of enterprise software product or solution marketing experience; vertical marketing a huge plus
- Domain experience working for an ITOM/ITIM/NPM/APM/AIOps/SecOps/Analytics vendor highly desired
- Story telling abilities include writing and presentation skills to dazzle
- Customer-centric philosophy with solution storytelling abilities that enable field success and revenue capture; with demonstrated ability to discuss value in metric-driven business terms (i.e., think like a customer and develop content through the lens of the business buyer).
- Proven analytical skills to use data to make decisions, assess, and measure impact.
- Demonstrated aptitude to learn complex topics and pivot fast to changing requirements.
- Exceptional communication skills (written, verbal, and presentation)
- Structured thinker with demonstrated history of managing complex projects and executing on plans that span functional teams; proven ability to multi-task, prioritize/escalate, and manage many projects simultaneously
- Pragmatic Marketing certification a plus
- Management experience highly desired
ScienceLogic is a leader in IT Operations Management, providing modern IT operations with actionable insights to predict and resolve problems faster in a digital, ephemeral world. Its solution sees everything across cloud and distributed architectures, contextualizes data through relationship mapping, and acts on this insight through integration and automation.