What we’re looking for…
ScienceLogic is looking for a Systems Engineer who will play a key role in furthering the reliability, resiliency, and performance of the SL1 platform. The successful candidate will have experience optimizing and troubleshooting the Linux OS and be comfortable applying and testing changes necessary to address performance and security concerns. In addition to Linux you will also be responsible for optimizing and troubleshooting SL1's MySQL and Scylla backends as Engineering brings the SL1 platform into its next evolution. You will be a part of a team that integrates with Software Engineering to deliver enhancements through the Agile process as part of our product roadmap. Our next generation technology spans both on-prem data centers and the public cloud so you also will be working in a variety of environments.
What you’ll be doing…
- Work within Software Engineering to deliver systems level enhancements, tuning and improvements to our core platform.
- Build tools for automation of system monitoring, configuration, and alerting.
- Work closely with Service Delivery in troubleshooting, diagnosing and applying corrective actions at both the application and OS level in customer’s networks in real-time.
- Evaluate the performance of the SL1 platform and provide recommendations.
- Evaluate infrastructure effectiveness and develop technical directions in line with industry trends that continue to evolve our platform.
- Write and maintain systems documentation, runbooks and troubleshooting guides.
Qualities you possess…
- Proven hands on experience designing, building and maintaining technology infrastructure.
- Linux administration skills (Red Hat variants).
- Experience supporting Python based Enterprise applications.
- Experience with large scale data replication.
- Ability to dive into complex technical challenges.
- Systematic approach to solving problems, coupled with a strong attention to detail and effective communication skills.
- Scripting skills highly desirable.
- Experience supporting large volume transactional databases including MySQL/MariaDB and/or Scylla/Cassandra.
- Experience with the Atlassian suite of productivity tools (i.e. JIRA, Confluence)
- Agile delivery experience.
ScienceLogic is a leader in IT Operations Management, providing modern IT operations with actionable insights to resolve and predict problems faster in a digital, ephemeral world. Its solution sees everything across cloud and distributed architectures, contextualizes data through relationship mapping, and acts on this insight through integration and automation.Apply Now